don't click here

MOD player for the Sega Genesis

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by nineko, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    There's nothing stopping him? I don't recall him ever mentioning he's tried to join Retro.

2. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Sorry if I worded it poorly.

I really, really wish he would decide to join this forum (and/or other ones, for that matter). His Youtube channel is a blessing we rarely receive, but... :(

3. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    I'm surprised no one mentioned it, but if you want to find the MOD itself, it's at hex offsets 299CE-408F9. This interestingly differs from the publicly available release from modarchive, where the sample names were stripped out and instead replaced by a description.

The speeds in toy3 (the in-game MOD) have the speeds set slightly lower: this was corrected in toytitle (the online MOD) for regular MOD players.

toy3 toytitle.png

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
  4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Actually, Oerg and I mentioned that the speed is different and why, it's because of the timing differences between PAL and NTSC, unless you meant something else.

Also, wasn't this topic supposed to be in "Technical Discussion"? I guess it was misplaced after that forum incident.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
    It appears I was mistaken! Indeed, toy3 in the European ROM (situated at Oerg's aforementioned offsets, 2A2B8 - 411E3) does have the speed set to speed F05.

On a additional note, the Sample build of Toy Story has toy3 shifted to offsets 29F82 - 40EAD. However, to my knowledge the MOD isn't actually used by the demo. The end screen and the title screen only use FM or nothing respectively, leaving a giant 91 kilobyte brick inside the ROM. It's not too big of a surprise, as it was built from the final game's US rom and fixed up to be a demo (meaning there's probably more leftovers in the ROM...)