don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Putting aside 2.5D Green Hill Zone (which I'm convinced at this point will outlive us all), it was a pretty cool trailer!
    Wish we had a sneak peak at the vocal theme like the JP trailer but I liked what we've seen otherwise, the enemy design continues to amaze me (probably the best enemies we've had since Adventure 2 imo)

On the subject of Adventure 2, customisable shoes are a thing in this game uh? Gimme the soap shoes and this will automatically become goty for me lmao
    (But seriously I do hope we'll have different models for the gloves and shoes, Colours Ultimate's """"customisation"""" was just texture swaps which is boring lol. Why would I want to play as Sonic with orange shoes?)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  2. Kyro

Kyro

Out of curiosity i checked to see what you were referring to and its really weird. It unloads a bit of foliage and then reloads it back in a few frames later, really off putting

3. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    This game is so mad ugly it's killing me. It never was a looker to begin with, but that motion blur is visual poison.

4. Snowbound

Snowbound

If this was the game’s reveal trailer I would be hyped. After seeing the gameplay they’ve put out, nothing in this trailer improved my perception of the game. If you like it, that’s fine. I’m not trying to take anything away from anyone

Tbh, after what Sega put Geoff through at SGF I’m not surprised at all

5. Just 7 or so seconds of the cyberspace I guess Sega thinks more combat footage that looks all the other combat footage they’ve released is more important.

6. Kyro

Kyro

Interesting side note, the youtube upload (aside from gameplay footage being compressed to hell for some reason) is labelled as the story trailer. Which, didn't actually reveal much, on that front, but I am more curious about hands on impressions anyways personally. I just wanna see a cyberspace level in action

7. I'm actually kind of interested now. Environments are a tad bland I'll admit, and I guess we've seen all the game has to offer given the game has been more of the same.

8. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    When can we expect shaky cam footage of the demo to drop? The trailer was a nice appetiser but the demo is what I'm really looking forward here.

9. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Remember this is going to be playable at Gamescom publically. People are gonna play it and give their impressions, record video, etc.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. Hate the GamesCom 10 sec's gameplay format, but it was a nice trailer. Hope some some better 4K footage and more gameplay on Youtube over the next couple of days

11. Flare

Flare

I’d almost rather they reused the designs of the islands into the 2D/3D stages… similar to how Adventure 2 reused stage assets.

The Generations reuse is becoming a creative block of these games.

12. Yeah, I was more referring to the big, cylindrical tower in the background loading in but it’s nice to know others are seeing it too, not just my eyes playing tricks on me.

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

Y’know with Iizuka saying that he wants Frontiers to be the foundation for the next 10 years of Sonic this has me wondering… what does he mean by that? Like are they just gonna keep reusing Generations assets for the next 10 years? Is he hoping Frontiers is successful and he can get a bigger team to make new assets for a sequel? Is he considering dropping the cyberspace/boost levels in a Frontiers sequel?

14. Stink Terios

Stink Terios

You're hilarious SEGA.

[​IMG]

Guess my time legally purchasing Sonic games is over. T'was a good run.

15. Turbohog

Turbohog

Ghost girl's design is extremely unpleasant lol. Really not expecting much from this game. Also really wondering why we are still using Sonic Generations textures and levels.

16. jubbalub

jubbalub

Frankly I think the complaints about this being a full priced game are stupid lol. It's clearly a massive big budget game, I don't remember the last time a Sonic game was full-price since Unleashed. Honestly, I'd be more worried if it WASN'T full price given the scope of this game.

17. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. Laura

Laura

Brightened Eyes Member
    The marketing for this game is so weird. Technically they've shown a lot of footage, we know the core gameplay systems, story concept, open world design. But it's so fragmentary it's hard to tell what's going on or if the game is good. It would be the equivalent of promoting Sonic Adventure by showing out of context scenes of Sonic using the homing attack or spindashing through enemies.

It goes for the story trailer too. There's just no context for anything. Even Lost World was marketed better than this. The Deadly Six were hyped up and then revealed as new antagonists in place of Eggman. But in this and the ghost girl, we don't even know her name (I don't thinK?) and are just presented with out of context snippets of cutscenes. I have absolutely no idea what's going on.

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
  20. jubbalub

jubbalub

Her name is SAGE. Kinda funny.

That trailer didn't show much that we haven't seen before. Liked the other islands, it appears the graphics and animations have been improved as well, they don't look quite as janky as before. Reused levels, I mean, what can I say at this point. I really don't care anymore. They're doing something new with them, which is cool. I'm still excited for this game.

Speaking of, I really really love going on twitter to talk about me being excited for an upcoming videogame and being told that I'm "making excuses" or "accepting mediocrity" or whatever for being excited for a videogame. Nothing changes my mind more than someone telling me I'm wrong for being excited for a videgame.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
    • List