don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    I was just talking about it for the sake of talking about it TBH.

This leak is most likely fake but it's fun to discuss nonetheless because I doubt we'll be seeing any ACTUAL movie related news for a while now.

2. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    i hope classic sonic shows up in the movie
    a simple "it's fake bois" would've done just fine but okay :P
    seriously though, if this was aimed specifically at me keep in mind it was posted by Tails' Channel whom I had no reason to disbelieve, hence my sureness in saying "synopsis leaked!", I'm sorry for causing confusion nevertheless

3. Well...I get the frustration but yea, you don't need to be so aggressive about it, we got it...

4. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Leak sounds like some children's attempt at making Sonic 3.

However, if this IS true...

I find it odd they specify it's the Chaos Emerald. It was told to us in Sonic 2 it's the Master Emerald, made up of Chaos Emeralds. If this leak is true (believe me, I think this is a pile of horseshit), does that mean there was a retcon? Perhaps now, it's only a Chaos Emerald, and when the others are collected it can transform Sonic into Hyper Sonic.

5. charcoal

charcoal

IMG_2872.jpg
    Pat Casey, the screenwriter for the movies is liking tweets saying that the leaks are fake btw, basically cements their status as totally not real in my book.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  6. Note, while I will not deny that these leaks are fake. When that plot synopsis of the second movie leaked ans he denied it, most of it ended up true.

That said, it is indeed far too early for any synopsis' to leak. They haven't even started filming yet.

7. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't think it was aggressive at all.

Remember that he is also working on the movie and it's better to nip things in the bud early, less the Twitter mob bombard him with bullshit while the so called "Sonic Tubers" roll with it.

Plus with this being Retro it WILL be seen. :V

Last edited: Aug 17, 2022
  8. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

Nah, nothing aimed directly at you. And I hope posting a Billy Maddison clip came off as more jovial than anything.

9. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    It was revealed to me in a dream that Sonic the Hedgehog 3 will be adapting The Lara-Su Chronicles, with famed Sonic comic writers Ken Penders and Mark Millar teaming up to give the hedgehog his biggest makeover yet in which he fights aliens in space while chewing bubblegum and transforming into an echidna to kick some ass. And oh yeah, Richard Jacques is doing the music too

• Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  10. charcoal

charcoal

no fucking way this is so epic

11. Londinium

Londinium

You think Sega can bust Chris Chan out of jail for the film too? It's about time we get a more engaging villain, and I think Sonichu can do that pretty well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Alright, knock it off. =P

13. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    Just a reminder to everyone living in Japan - Sonic 2 opens in theaters...TOMORROW!!!

<crickets chirping>

I mean, I suppose there MIGHT be some fans here who haven't seen it yet. Maybe? It's funny, I just got back from a vacation, and Sonic 2 was one of the in-flight movies on my return flight to Japan last week. But I guess kids probably want to see it dubbed in Japanese, and that version doesn't hit till tomorrow, so maybe the market for it isn't all that limited after all.

14. I hope Sonic 2 will do well in Japan.

15. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Gonna be honest, when I saw a bunch of discourse on social media about the leaks, I was expecting something absolutely farfetched. This however, I dunno, it feels about what I would expect the third movie to be, almost to the basic bare-bones. More characters? Inevitable, especially fan-favorites. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we at least see most of these plot points checked off in some form in the final movie.

Maybe I was just expecting a more absurdly over the top synopsis based on the reactions I saw.

16. Wildcat

Wildcat

Ya it definitely sounds plausible. It’ll just go through revisions.

The Mini emeralds are obviously the 7 that form the Master Emerald. I expect Amy Rose to show up because she’s a main character and a girl. Not sure about Big the Cat but he could do something or just hang around. Metal Sonic, whichever model, is also bound to happen. Even if it’s just early talks some of this is probably true.

I do hope Tom and Maddie return. It’d be weird if they didn’t. I know some people want them pushed out but they matter in Sonic’s life. I like Rachel too. Thought she was funny. I agree Agent Stone could replace or become the new Robotnik but I hope Jim Carrey returns at least one more time because he’s perfect for the role.

17. kitsunebi

kitsunebi

Japan
    Well, Sonic vs. Knuckles has officially opened with a whimper in Japan, placing 10th in the box office over its opening weekend. My local theater is showing it both subtitled and dubbed, but I expect neither version will stick around for long at this rate.

1st: ONE PIECE FILM RED (JP)
    2nd: Jurassic World Dominion
    3rd: Top Gun Maverick
    4th: Minions: The Rise of Gru
    5th: "Theatrical version Pokemon Advance" Generation Seven Nights Wishing Star Jirachi (JP)
    6th: Kingdom 2 To the Distant Earth (JP)
    7th: Tonight, even if this love disappears from the world (JP)
    8th: TANG Tang (JP)
    9th: Violence Action (JP)
    10th: Sonic the Movie: Sonic VS Knuckles

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  18. Kyro

Kyro

I dont think its too shocking, does the prevailing sentiment of sonic not being that appealing to eastern audiences still generally hold true to this day?

Although I suppose the better question may be how well did the first movie do in Japan, if anyone is aware?

19. Londinium

Londinium

'The film was released in Japan on June 26, 2020, after being postponed from a previous March release due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and debuted at No. 6 that weekend'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_(film)#Box_office

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Maybe that's what happens when it releases almost 6 months after it did everywhere else.

Like seriously why bother at that point just shove it on streaming.