don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Turbohog

Turbohog

Doesn't sound like HeadCannon worked on the patch, so I'm gonna go with no.

2. Lurker

Lurker

sleep Member
    Aww, only bug I enjoyed since it turned the game into a fun buggy mess.

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That is unless Sega implemented a newer build of S3K that might have had these fixes but were introduced after the game went gold, because Headcannon did say what we got wasn't what he gave them.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  4. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Just tested the new update. The following Sonic Mania codes now work in 3K's soundtest:

6214 - Disable Super Sonic music.
    19790811 - All enemies turn into squirrels "Ricky" when defeated.
    19921124 - Infinite continues (works in Classic Mode).
    20170815 - Fly while Super Sonic (Egg Reverie Movement).
    4126 - Unlock all emeralds (this may have worked before the latest patch - can't remember).

"Max Control" 9001 (Drop-Dash, Super Peel Out, Insta Shield) doesn't work.
    "Play in Encore mode" 20180623 also doesn't work.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  5. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    game’s 100% worth $45 now

6. _Sidle

_Sidle

Someone will have to go through the original list now that they're getting functionality restored.

7. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    The following codes definitely do something (I got the ring noise when I input them into soundtest) 32160, 226372, 47981, 19910623, 19930923, 20011013, 00000000.

No idea what they do yet.

EDIT: 19930923 activates Super Peel-Out:

EDIT 2:

*47981 turns all item-boxes into question mark item-boxes so what you get is random.
    *19910623 changes flame, bubble & lightning item boxes into Sonic 2 shields.

EDIT 3:
    20011013 changes all item boxes into bananas...

EDIT 4:
    00000000 removes all rings, item boxes and special stage rings from each zone. BRUTAL!

EDIT 5:
    19940202 changes title screen to just "Sonic The Hedgehog 3". Removes "&Knuckles". Also changes zone title card to just Sonic 3.

EDIT 6:
    19990306 turns all badniks into the Penguin badnik.

FiNAL EDIT:
    32160 gives Sonic drop dash & insta-shield in Competition mode. Also allows Knuckles to glide in competition mode. You get the normal 1 player mode physics in Competition mode.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Woah the 0 code removes all health protections? That's going to be an interesting challenge. So they added more codes than were originally found, this might be a newer build.

Anything else change in Sonic 3 (any updates to the proto tracks for example)?

Oh 32160 sounds FANTASTIC. So the jank was intentional to preserve the original feel of competition mode, I can't wait to see how these zones feel with normal physics.

I'm doing a 0000000 run with all penguinators :eng99: Also someone please add HedgeModManager codes for these, I don't want to input them every time.

9. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    anyone gotten the patch on their switch yet?

10. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Wonder if there's a cheat to add back chibi graphics in that case. :P

Had a quick try with the patch. I really appreciate they've bothered to polish it up a bit. We're getting closer to a solid package now.

Besides music list fix and sound test cheats, it seems to be mostly just bug fixes though. Would like if they fixed odd bits of jank like S1/2 Drop Dash and the delayed music changes (also would really like the mobile remakes' level menus added back for "Clear" saves as well so they're not useless) but at least most of the glaring issues have been resolved.

I think the S3 music is the same by the way.

11. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

Just checked and switch is still 1.1.0 for me.

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

Has Sega put out a statement about the update? Are there any performance improvements on the PC version? Has the PC version been patched at all?

I apologize if some of these questions have been answered. If Headcanon were involved with the patch then I’ll finally purchase the game.

13. The patch / update apparently have arrived on Steam.

Edit: I've seen people saying the patch is on Switch as well.

• List
  14. Devon

Devon

Down you're going... down you're going... Tech Member
    your mom
    2001/10/13 is TheStoneBanana's birthday :)

15. Oh wow, this is actually a really cute and awesome homage! This makes me even happier those cheats / secrets are now avaliable.

16. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Holy shit, someone younger than me got to work in a Sonic game. Now I feel more like I don't amount to anything lmao.

Congrats TheStoneBanana, enjoy that glory.

Edit: got the update on Switch. Did anyone realize that they're using the S&K invincibility jingle now?

17. They’ve always been using that version of the jingle, haven’t they?

Also there have been no updates to the music. If we get this on mobile, that’s our only chance left to get the proper 1103 music.

EDIT: The roof over the HCZ2 Sonic/Tails boss arena is gone!

18. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I hope this isn't our only patch, but that's a good start. Just got it on Steam.

Still won't buy Frontiers at launch due to how sloppy this and Colors have been handled, but if they manage to patch this decently and Frontiers isn't outright panned, I could consider it as a Christmas season purchase.

But now, if I can just get some tweaks in S3&K's collision, I can live with the imperfections. Going to have to test which, if any mods, this breaks.

19. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

Did they take the Coin monitors out of the Debug modes?

20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    So I figured this justified its own post...

1. Every Music, level mod I've used so far works. No issues at all yet. Unfortunately, upon further testing, the roll lock removal mod stopped working, which messes up Sonic 1, 2 and CD again in an annoying way. I'm sure the mod will get updated soon.
    2. I did a run through of S3&K CNZ, ICZ and DEZ (the 3 most troublesome stages for me on launch). I can't confirm it for sure, but I believe the collision has been tweaked in a number of places. I did not die from unfair crushing once in S3 this time, which was a major issue before. Still had some issues with DEZ enemy collision, but less than before. No broken boss loading zones this time no matter how much I tried to replicate it either. It appears you can still die chasing the master emerald at the end boss, but it didn't happen to me so I can't say how easily it did happen for sure.

Overall, it seems that there have been improvements, at least for CNZ collision issues. Maybe I just got lucky, but I did my usual speedruns of the stage without too much deviation and seemed to come out okay. The only issue I had consistently was the first enemy in DEZ2 still killing me much more easily than usual, but that's a small collision variation I can live with even if it does annoy me. There's still no speedcap on the player, which does cause issues, but it's not as broken as other parts of the game were.

Keep testing this, guys. I think they actually 'are' fixing stuff now. If it stays like this, I can actually recommend this collection to console players now, unlike the launch version. And with mods, the steam version is now a much better experience overall.

• List