don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Only what we've heard in the trailers. And the music from the December 2021 trailer was custom made and isn't even from the game.

If you have to ask the question of if any music has been released, the answer is going to be a no.

2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2022
    • Like Like x 15
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Wow that's stylish. I love his smirk and the posing, it looks sort of like one of the adventure era 2D artworks brought into 3D.

Hopefully all renders for this game look as good as this, because this is great.

4. Snowbound

Snowbound

D69E04B9-B3BB-4798-BC2F-59EBC860A88E.jpeg
    I hope Sega considers putting a demo out digitally for the public. I thought I heard that playstation now requires demos but don’t quote me on that. Regardless that doesn’t mean that all platforms would necessarily get a demo.

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I'd argue a demo is a must, particularly on PC and Switch. Hopefully it performs similar to Forces but I think with a game like this, people need reassurance on the what they're paying for.

6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Dang thats the most dynamic render I've seen from Sonic Team possibly ever. Nicely done.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I'm off to EGX to play it.

Will also take video too... if they let me... and if I can find a 2nd person to hold my camera... who won't run away with it.

• Like Like x 7
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    I'd love to go to EGX and try the game out but of course it's got to happen right through the working week with nothing on at the weekend. >:^(

Ohhhhh wait I was looking at August on my calender. Hmmmm do I pull the trigger on this? I could hold @MrMechanic 's camera for him...

9. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I thought that picture was fanart for a second

10. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So unfortunately (as my DM to you explains). I'm not there on Saturday/Sunday.

I'm going to be there for the Thursday and Friday, if anyone else from the Sonic Retro Message Boards is going then I'd be more than happy to have someone to act as temporary camera man for me, you don't have to hang out with me for the whole day or anything lol, just someone to hold the camera still would be grand.

Just as an example, this is likely the style of 'recording' that I'll be doing/be able to do.

That lets you get a good look at the gameplay without interruption, but then the second part of the vid I can interject with more analysis type stuff on what I thought/noticed when playing. As for audio... My camera doesn't have a mic in option, so it'll only record the audio on it's on board mic which isn't great.

Now... there is the possibility if there's headphones, to bung a lapel mic close to the headphones and record my gameplay that way, however I'm not entirely sure it'll be that great audio capture doing that, and also it depends on the demo, if it's that 20min demo slot again then obvious that's out of the question.

But I can try and figure something out assuming filming is allowed.

... ... Or I can just hide in a plan and shake the camera like a chimp much like everybody who filmed footage for Summer Games Fest!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    I was thinking about going to EGX myself, but undecided.

12. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Well... EGX has been... A bit... odd in recent years.

The 2016-2017 ones were REALLY good! In terms of games shown, booth size and freebies. You didn't need to get early entry to enjoy it, it was possible to enjoy most of the venue without 2 day early entry passes.

Then I went to the 2018... was also good... but it did have a noticable drop in quality, 2019 wasnt that great...

2020 was cancelled due to covid... and for some reason they decided to hold one last year and... Oh boy it was baaaaad!

They had no new games! Their biggest headline attractions were Fall Guys and Street fighter 5.

This one having Sega seems to suggest as well as Sonic, Hyenas will also be there. But other than Sega, I don't think any other big studio has confirmed their attendance yet.

I have a suspicion 1 other huge studio/series will be there, but can't hint who right now due to confidentiality. But otherwise. Right now... there's only Sega going!

13. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
  14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    At last, an annoncement of an annoncement. Glad we're back to business as usual

16. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    That's actually a really nice stylized piece. I wish the game looked like that...

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Gestalt

Gestalt

Sphinx in Chains Member
    I can't even imagine how it would look like in motion. It's that good, no joke.

18. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    oh so NOW you're friends with the rails floating in the sky!

19. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

The colours look better and it's nice art, but I still think it's a strange representation of Frontiers.

20. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    How is it a strange representation of Frontiers? It seems to fit the game just fine to me. A render is obviously gonna look higher quality than in-game content.