don't click here

This guy has some serious skills.

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Flame, Dec 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    That was bloody amazing! And no..I'm not British.

2. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    Holy cow, he has really got it down!!

3. Varion Icaria

Varion Icaria

He's waiting.... Tech Member
    S4: Cybernetic Outbreak
    Simply.. fucking awesome. It's inspiring me to learn how to do that with my guitar.

4. Orion

Orion

o_O

That's awesome!

5. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    He's great, but it's apparent that (if he learned it by ear) then he's got the tallen of being able to hear a chord or two instruments in harmony and pick out the individual notes, before finding them (by ear) and placing them on the piano. This takes the edge off it for me; I do that all the time on the guitar. :P

Still, that is sweet. If only he wasn't wearing a twatty blue shellsuit.

6. Molotok

Molotok

Gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha Member
    While we are listing people who have played Sonic on piano, you should list: Martin Leung, The Video Game Pianist
    (yes, majority of his work on the site is Nintendo [Mario and Zelda] related, but a few MP3s under the audio section are devoted to Sonic; also plays Final Fantasy VI-X songs and Halo 2 [one song])

EDIT: "With the video game industry delivering new music to its many fans, his live performances of video game music have drawn joyful responses at the Game Developers Conference (Walk of Game and Game Audio Network Guild Awards), Electronic Entertainment Expo, Penny Arcade Expo, the Hollywood Bowl as part of the Video Games Live show, and at solo recitals. Recently in Austin, Texas, he played 21 encores to a wildly enthusiastic crowd primed by the music of Halo, Sonic, Zelda, Earthworm Jim, and Final Fantasy. His work has attracted the attention of the iconic Tommy Tallarico and Jack Wall, MTV, 'Nintendo Power,' England?s 'Cube' magazine, Poland?s 'PS Extreme' magazine, 'Night Life Montreal,' and much more."

(and for those curious about what ethnicity he is/ancestry he has):

"Martin was born in Hong Kong. Half Japanese and Chinese, he and his family moved to California when he was three years old. He grew up in a small city in Orange County called Irvine and attended pre-school, elementary, middle, and high school there. At the age of four, he started imitating and improvising songs his sister was playing on the piano. Noticing his talent, his parents had him start piano lessons."

(the only reason he is this good would have to do with the next paragraph :P ):

"As well as performing video game music, the Video Game Pianist, also known as Martin Leung, plays classical piano music. He is currently a sophomore at the Cleveland Institute of Music pursuing his Bachelor?s of Music degree. He studies with Paul Schenly and Daniel Shapiro.

Martin placed third at the 2002 Oberlin International Piano Competition and has received first prizes at the Los Angeles International Liszt (1998, 2000) and at the 2004 Los Angeles Philharmonic Kaper Awards, among other competitions. A laureate of the Young Musicians Foundation and National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts, Martin has soloed at the Carnegie Hall Isaac Stern Auditorium and with the Pittsburgh Symphony on ?From the Top.? Highlights in 2005 recall appearances on Pianofest in the Hamptons, the American Liszt Society Festival in Nebraska, and Orange County Arts Awards; solo recitals at Chapman University and on the Keyboard Guest Artist Series at California State University-Long Beach."

7. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Dang... that's good piano playing.

8. Qjimbo

Qjimbo

Your friendly neighbourhood lemming. Oldbie
    Yeah this guy rocks, Quickman showed me a video a while ago from him, there's sheet music for the songs and more videos on his site at http://gorifater.atspace.com/ .

9. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    I'm absolutely amazed by this guy's skills...

10. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Speaking of which, it seems Quick Man go baibai again. =(

11. IcePak

IcePak

Wow, this guy is pretty awesome. Sure, he made a few mistakes, but if I could play the Sonic tunes on my guitar as good as he could on piano, I'm sure I'd make the odd mistake here and there too. Paint me amazed.

12. Dr. D'nar

Dr. D'nar

I wouldn't trust me if I were you Member
    ME WANT MIDI! ME WANT ROM!

Erm...damn that's awesome! Some one put that in a ROM!

13. Syren

Syren

Teesside, UK
    Reintergration
    He's left S2B yet again? Bloody hell.

14. Spindash54

Spindash54

Did you ever wonder how he spins in place? Member
    I once had my chorus teacher play for me the S&K boss theme and thought that was impressive.

This man truly has a grand appreciation for video game music.

*Goes back to playing Sonic tunes on violin*

15. ChaotixTails

ChaotixTails

Custom title member Oldbie
    Other then the partial butchery of marble and a few mistakes in labryinth and starlight, it's very well done. I've tabbed quite a few sonic songs on guitar, and they're about as accurate as you're going to get.

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member

18. ScaryMonkeyShow

ScaryMonkeyShow

Master of my own domain Member
    Brooklyn, NY
    So many betas, so little time.
    This man is amazing. Job well done indeed!

19. Tails 155

Tails 155

Pending Member
    that's awesome... I want to play the piano like that!... I want a piano XD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.