don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I'm shocked Sega or the Sonic twitter haven't made a tweet or anything saying "we hear your feedback and are passing it along" or something like that.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Mookey

Mookey

I think they're either hoping it'll blow over or that they can patch this quietly, but now with media outlets like Digital Foundry covering it I don't think either of those routes will work.

I just wish they'd come clean and be honest about their mistakes, but that's not good for marketing I guess.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • List
  3. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I was just thinking the same thing.. you just had a game come out that people have been looking forward to and all of a sudden these glitches and bugs have been found and noted about in your game and you’re just going to stay silent about it? Not even say a word?

I think that speaks volumes on how careless this launch has been from SEGA’s perspective and I hope there is one kind soul there who will take note of this and lead to patches

4. Mookey

Mookey

I mean it hasn't been a week yet so I guess they're still figuring stuff out. I'll be kind of annoyed though if there isn't any sort of response by the end of this week though.

5. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    https://info.sonicretro.org/File:SonicOrigins_museum_pic_l_art_33.png
    https://info.sonicretro.org/File:SonicOrigins_museum_pic_l_art_34_1.png
    https://info.sonicretro.org/File:SonicOrigins_museum_pic_l_art_35_1.png
    https://info.sonicretro.org/File:SonicOrigins_museum_pic_l_art_36.png
    https://info.sonicretro.org/File:SonicOrigins_museum_pic_l_art_36_1.png

if you're keen to check. I'm just short of half way through the full set.

6. Snowbound

Snowbound

These little details Headcanon put in and the mods the community are creating, is really making me want to buy Origins. Unfortunately I ain’t purchasing it until denuvo’s removed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    I stand by my statements. If they don't patch this, I will not be buying another SEGA game any time soon. I was going to tolerate some issues like replaced music, removal of small amounts of content, the price tag, or the delisting of other titles...

But replacing the classics with a broken collection on top of that is unacceptable. I genuinely thought the implementation of existing engines couldn't be messed up even worse, and yet it somehow was.

I get that they can't fix 'every' issue, and I'll have to rely on mods to fix some things (Sonic CD/S3 music), but I should at least not have a bunch of unnecessary deaths from collision issues like this.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    What is wrong with CD's music?

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Some looping issues

10. sayonararobocop

sayonararobocop

I think it's the sloppy shit like the constant sound issues and Tails being completely broken in S2 that is the most irritating. I preordered it on Switch but regret not getting it on PC instead.

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Out of curiosity, due to performance or just not liking DRM in general?

12. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    • Like Like x 16
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    In the 2011 version, the US OST actually used the Sonic Boom Soundtrack extended versions of the songs, custom mixed with the originals. You had both the regular loops as well as extra bits all included. There are some songs that were not included on that OST like Metallic Madness Present which were also given official extended releases for the first time ever in the 2011 version taken from the original source material.

All of those extra extensions are gone now, and they were more than just extra beta looping bits like in the JPN OST. The soundtrack was all around downgraded, with the exception of restoring the JPN lyrics to the OP/ED.

Here's a good example.

The part from 1:35 onward was not in the SEGA CD, PC, or Mega Collection version, but was in the BOOM OST and was restored back into the 2011 version. The missing stuff isn't just a few bars for a loop, often large portions of the songs are now missing.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  14. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
  15. Snowbound

Snowbound

Both but especially the performance issues

16. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    For what it's worth, I tried the game on both my recent AMD work laptop and my old (2013) Intel personal laptop, both use integrated graphics and both chug on the HE2 menu but run the actual games at 60FPS.

The menu being so demanding aside, the real issue with is that its speed is tied to its framerate so everything is much slower if you can't maintain 60FPS

17. Chimes

Chimes

The One SSG-EG Maniac Member
  18. Deef

Deef

Follow up question to something I asked earlier:

It was mentioned that Origins' S3&K has removed the control lock after a rolling jump completely. No need to use insta-shield anymore; you always have full control over a rolling jump now.

The new question is, what about in Classic mode? Does a rolling jump in Classic mode S3&K lock the steering like the original title? Or it is also always unlocked like Mania/CD, even in Classic mode?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  19. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    So I just got this game and found out you actually can create a playlist and play music while looking through the museum which is a big relief for me. Plenty of CD's music is quite fitting :)

20. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I know we've been ragging on this game but man, this really was like the easiest home run in the world for Sega and they still botched it. Like, I am legitimately disappointed with Origins. I'm really bummed because I was hyping it to a lot of people and now I feel like I have egg on my face. I really really hope this gets patched and hopefully hits the potential that it should have had.