don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. I'm also very interested and honestly I wouldn't put it past them to have it be a Cloud version for Switch. Obviously I hope that isn't the case, and of course, Forces ran just as well on Switch as any other platform, so who knows at this point.

2. 90% sure it will be probably Persona 5.

3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Well no it didn't actually, the switch version had downgraded graphics (albeit subtle ones) and was capped at 30fps. They did a good job keeping that 30 consistent and the game still looked good, but there was a noticeable difference from the other versions.

I honestly haven't a fucking clue what the switch version could be like if it's not a cloud game. With Unleashed and Lost World it was just a matter of Dimps receiving mostly the same design documents (Lost World's parkour and Unwiished's boost notwithstanding) and making different stages. But with this game...the stage is the entire game.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Not likely. Forces was featured in multiple Nintendo Directs but footage never came from that version of the game. It's pretty common for multiplatform games not to be widely showcased running on the weaker systems.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  5. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    My bets are on an Unwiished situation or a cloud version. The switch is awesome but it is a very weak, underpowered machine that could only run forces at 30 fps, and I seriously doubt it'll do any better with this game.

If they do make a native port, don't play it in handheld mode or else you'll run the risk of second degree burns on your palms.

6. VelvetBlueDreams

VelvetBlueDreams

And me with my Switch Lite...

7. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I'm not sure that's true? I seem to remember people getting really upset at the graphics in Green Hill when it was revealed to be in the game, and I'm pretty sure those were from the less-finished version of the Switch port, so they were lacking even more.

8. MH MD

MH MD

remember it actually was, plus recent nintendo Directs in recent years always showed in the system itself, notably they show it run at like sub-20 FPS with obvious terrible performance, despite them having the choice to show it in a better light from available better performing versions

9. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I think we’re well beyond the point of making a different version of the game to such an extent for one or two consoles. As I’ve already said, HE2 has native support for the Switch, a console which is already capable of running games that are at me least as graphically intensive as Frontiers seems to be, if not moreso. Will there be compromises? Sure, I expect the Switch version to look markedly different, but it’s definitely capable of being a native port.

10. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    I just saw the "Sky Sanctuary" in frontiers news, I hope it's there only because we are finally getting the Chaos Emerald lore explained.

I don't want another nostalgia filled trips. Enough already. Generations was enough, I want new levels! Even Mania reused zones :/

11. Metalwario64

Metalwario64

The reused zones hold Mania back from being as good as Sonic 3 in my eyes. Otherwise it's simply fantastic and it's why I want a new, all-original 2D Sonic game to follow up on Mania.

So this isn't off topic from Frontiers, I also will throw my opinion that I don't want more nostalgic throwbacks.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I don’t mind reusing old levels as long as they do something new and interesting with them. Like what Mania did with the Death Egg Robot in Green Hill or combining Oil Ocean with elements from Sandopolis Act 2. Generations proved it was possible in 3D so I’m optimistic Frontiers can pull it off.

13. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    yeah the DS version is kinda up in the air, hope they show it

14. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    lol

Starts at 15:50

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  15. It looks like it's even of the Switch version, which looks pretty fine IMO.

Finally Cyberspace gameplay!

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    [​IMG]

One of the new Cyberspace levels revealed. The exact kind of place Sonic dreams about.

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • List
  17. Forte

Forte

Poland
    Is there the City from unleashed?

18. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well I'm definitely a fan. Back to the Generations styled GHZ I see, and while that highway level definitely looks like it reuses assets from Speed Highway Generations and Empire City Unleashed, it looks like a fun fever dream kind of experience (get that vibe from GHZ too, like these levels are warped in a way which at least gives them some unique flair). Also, Generations motobugs!

Definitely more and more sold on this game each appearance it makes.

19. Forte

Forte

Poland
    I wonder if Sonic experiences memory loss at some point in the game, and that's why the "classic" zones are revisited or something.

If I'm not mistaken we haven't had that kind of story with Sonic yet.

20. JansenM

JansenM

Devon, UK
    Generations mods
    [​IMG]
    Finally... The third Storybook game :eng99: