don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Linkabel

Linkabel

I'm out of the loop but where was it mentioned he wants to build a "haven" for scientists and make life easier for us with machines?

Dude has never been shy saying he wants Eggmanland and rule the world, but this is the first time I've seen this.

2. Plorpus

Plorpus

Hog Blue So What Member
    Flynn wrote Eggman as a darker and more sadistic in most of his comics run because that’s the Eggman he inherited. Once the Archie comics turned serious they essentially just used SatAM Robotnik, and that didn’t change that much with the Adventure version. If anything, Flynn took Archie Robotnik to a more similar place to the games without making it seem like a wild shift in character. while it’s entirely possible I’m not remembering right, I’m pretty sure IDW Eggman has essentially acted like the one we got in most of the games, if not a little more competent from time to time.
    You’re not out of the loop, it never says anything like that in any of the games.

3. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I'm now remembering I got it from a CD theory I read because Eggman was still in charge of the Good Future's in CD and found a way to make machines and natural life coexist and benefit each other that his end intentions are noble if stirred the right way.

I was really just trying to point out he's not the psychopath that Ian writes my mistake.

4. RDNexus

RDNexus

I'd also like to see such a side of him one day, @Mana.

5. foXcollr

foXcollr

Resident Dolphin Member
    US
    Might be in the minority of people who are kind of... nervous about this.

Here's hoping the lyrics are at least a little bit better than

"We can show the world what we can do,
    You are next to me, and I'm next to you,
    And you are next to me, and we're next to each other,
    And I'm standing next to you, and you are right beside me,
    and you are next to me."

"Follow Me" has entered the chat.

6. Maybe my take on this isn't worth much, seeing as I don't think all that much of Sonic's vocal themes in general, but Sonic song lyrics has never been anything special.

Or good.

The vocal themes have always been carried hard by the background music and the singers themselves. Fist Bump failing on those latter two fronts is what makes the godawful lyrics that much more noticeable.

They don't bother me nearly as much though when I'm listening to, for example, Natewantstobattle's cover of the song, because of the greater energy and his much better voice.

7. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Just have the lyrics be

"What goes up, must come down"

And stretch that shit for four minutes. Instant banger.

8. "In no way any other...

...way will do."

The legendary beginning to one of the "better" Sonic vocal themes.

9. Follow Me is so good. I always thought a pop-punk style cover with a male vocalist would sound great too. Sort of like New Found Glory’s cover of Kiss Me.

10. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I feel like that's more Sonic's issue in IDW. It feels less out of place for Eggman in general because his threat level depends on the day of the week. One day he'll be trying to suicide bomb Station Square with a missile (because that's the context that event had) the next he'll blow up half the moon to threaten the planet the next he'll hold a special race to see who's the fastest the next he'll build an amusement park and 2 Saturday morning henchmen robots the next take over the fucking world and try to scorch the earth with a literal sun.

So... Historically, his villiany has only really been masked by how serious a tone the story wants to go for. Forces is kind of the perfect example of that because nobody can take anything he's doing seriously despite it being the most serious thing he's done yet.

11. RikohZX

RikohZX

Eggman is one of the more inconsistent antagonists of the 90's, yeah. Some evil scientists wanna rule the world and kill their arch enemy outright. Eggman makes giant death weapons, goes go-karting, steals Sonic's shoes to troll him with speed-down boots, enslaves an entire planet while controlling time itself to do so, stuffs animals inside of cold robots one day and plants inside them another, wants to build Eggmanland on one specific piece of landmass just to really, really hate a particular city for no good reason, and has a thing for amusement parks.

12. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Retro's old review of the Sonic fan film sums up Eggman's character perfectly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    funnily enough, that's exactly how I felt about movie!Eggman in the second Sonic movie. Fun to watch, and then there are a few moments when you're like "...oh. he can actually be really scary when he wants to."

14. RDNexus

RDNexus

Movie!Eggman is more of a human that gave up on mankind, is always surrounded by technology and wants to be admired and idolized by everyone.
    In a sense, he ends up sticking close to Sonic Team's original vision of Game!Eggman.

15. Palas

Palas

Don't lose your temper so quickly. Member
    Dunno if this is supposed to be sarcastic but Ungravitify is unironically better than most vocal themes, especially better than anything we got from Sonic and the Secret Rings onwards.

16. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    It's close, but there's a small but significant difference: Movie Eggman knows he's evil, and loves it. He openly admits to everyone including himself that he is selfish and evil and he doesn't care. He relishes the fact that he's evil.

Game Eggman, at least as Sonic Team originally envisioned him, doesn't think of himself as evil. He thinks he's making the world a better place.

17. MH MD

MH MD

18. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Perhaps I’m being pessimistic, but I doubt any truly juicy stuff is going to be revealed. We’ll probably get reaffirmations on stuff like game control and combat, yet here people are asking about cyberspace and Chao gardens…

19. Deathscythe

Deathscythe

Sonic never walks alone.

20. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Well, I'm assuming that since this is the last video that it's probably going up around the same time the embargo lifts, so I see no reason that we won't get information about the action stages. Everyone obviously wants to talk about them, so why not?