don't click here

Sonic Origins - Known Issues

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mustapha, Jun 23, 2022.

1. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    This has likely been reported, but I managed to clip Sonic CD freaking out with its time travel states. While in Quartz Quadrant Act 2, I hit the first Past time gate and managed to get it to fire off. However, after time traveling, I was in the future instead.

Whoever touched this version of Sonic CD really screwed something up, because the 2011 port never bungled states like this.

2. corneliab

corneliab

Thanks, I needed this laugh today.

3. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Sonic Origins issues.png

I'm sure most if not all of this has been mentioned before but these were my current issues with the game so far from what I played.

4. Knuckles's Launch Base Act 2 intro is incredibly unfinished looking, dear lord

5. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Just played S1 in Classic Mode. Was playing with Sonic & Tails AI enabled via level select along with seven chaos emeralds & elemental shields (stupid that we can't just select S & T AI via the normal menu which we could in the mobile remaster) and after I collected the sixth chaos emerald at the end of SY act2 the game just closed then restarted for no reason...

So I lost all my progress as I was playing via level select.

The Tails getting stuck and jump sound glitch was also present in Marble zone & Spring Yard.

I ran straight into a buzz bomber in GH act1 and lost rings which never happens in the original version or in the mobile remaster.

6. D.A. Garden

D.A. Garden

Sonic CD's Sound Test Member
    My bad; I haven't played Sonic CD in quite some time, and I thought those sound effects started playing from 5, not 3.

I've also remembered a few other issues since yesterday that I forgot to mention:
    • Sonic 3 and Knuckles has a true drop dash animation, but Sonic 1, 2 and CD do not. Sonic 1's drop dash animation is also broken and uses one of the random rolling frames (not the ball) depending on what mode you are playing
    • I died at the of Carnival Night Zone Act 1 the first time, after the mini boss had been destroyed. I touched the ground while the blocks were falling and instantly died
    • Flying Battery Zone Act 1 is using the Sonic 3 Alone version of the track with the incorrect tempo on one channel where it comes out of sync with the main melody. This was fixed in Sonic 3 and Knuckles and is baffling to me why this is the case here

7. Entering Knuckles's Hidden Palace as Super/Hyper Knuckles will cause the new Super music to keep playing until you go to Sky Sanctuary

8. Linkabel

Linkabel

This happened through my PC S3&K run in story mode, but there was a couple of times where I was attacked during the transformation to Super Sonic that would hurt him, but not lose rings.

That would snap him back to regular Sonic for some reason.

9. Hamzawesome

Hamzawesome

I don't know if it's just me, but playing on Switch and noticed that there's no rolling sound effect in Sonic CD. Not sure if it was always like that.

10. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    That’s normal, as far back as the original SCD version. It’s just one of CD’s quirks.

11. Cyberlink420

Cyberlink420

Michigan
    Sonic F (Sonic Paradox)
    Correction: the "I'm outta here" easter egg is still there, but only in Classic mode.

12. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    With or without the voice clip?

13. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Without from what I've seen

14. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Then I must have experienced a glitch because I was in Classic Mode when I tested it and was idle in Palmtree Panic Zone 1 for 4 minutes and nothing happened. Played on Xbox Series X.

15. ELS

ELS

I don't know if this is a bug but it feels sloppy, when you fail out of a Sonic 2 special stage and the little pop up asking you to retry comes up the end of level jingle plays almost as if the game is continuing off screen.

16. So just gone through the story mode and the only thing I've gotten that seems to be unique (as far as skimming though the thread): the zip lines in Sandopolis Act 2 didn't spawn. Which if I was "Sonic Alone" would have had to restart and see if they popped in because there is a bit where if you dont use the zipline you'll drop to a bit where it loops back.

Had the Marble Garden infinite rubble glitch and the collision in Sonic 3K issues. Other than that wrong SFx playing for the Death Egg light ring teleporters countdown.

(PS4)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
  17. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    -Sonic 3 Competition mode: Backgrounds haven't been resized and thus don't match the foreground and sprites.
    -Sonic 3 Competition mode: Chrome Gadget's background doesn't start in the same place and also it doesn't scroll vertically.
    -Sonic CD Ending: Speed seems to have been set to 30FPS instead of 24?
    -Sonic CD Ending: Some scenes fade out sooner than they should and you don't get to see their last frames.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  18. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    Not sure if it's a bug, but I played Story Mode and got to the end of Spring Yard Act 2 with 50 rings, jumped into the big ring and then had to stop playing. I quit the game and the menu showed my progress as "Special Stage 5" (yes, I know, I suck for having missed a big ring somewhere, haha). The next time I loaded my save, instead of starting me where my progress said I should be, it began me midway through Spring Yard Act 2 at the last checkpoint I'd hit. There's definitely a bug there, but I'm unsure exactly what - either the game didn't save correctly in the Special Stage, or it's not intended to and the Story Mode menu shouldn't display "Special Stage [n]" as the stage you're currently on.

19. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Boss Rush
    Steam Version

Sonic 1, Sonic 2 and Sonic CD stop playing their respective boss tracks and play their respective Game Over tracks after reaching 0 lives, which makes sense. However, Sonic 3 & Knuckles carries on playing its boss track.

20. Pengi

Pengi

Is there a master list of these issues anywhere? It would be good to have something like that in the original post.

Thanks for the info! I just played a no-save Sonic & Tails game in S3&K Anniversary Mode and also had this ceiling problem. Very strange.