don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Antheraea

Antheraea

Bug Hunter Member
    between this and the mention of the audio stuff running too quickly or too slowly...I wonder if the physics and music are FPS-based? if you were to cap the game at 60 FPS on PC, how does it behave?

2. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Don't really have anything to add to the discussion about the game but my 6 year old cousin was watching me play Origins and asked me "so this is how games looked 50 years ago?" and that was fun I guess :v

3. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Is it ok if I post some fake leaks just for fun to get some laughs out of people? They're obviously fake and from /v/ but man, it's funny.

4. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Never understood why fake leaks go out of their way to make things as elaborate and convoluted as possible, it just makes it sound absurd. You'd think they believe if they throw enough darts at the board, one will surely end up true.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    A boxed plus version a year from now is what I expect, but not much else. As long as it's a patched up version on physical media.

6. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    The games already include the drop dash and it's half assed. Try again

7. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I think what anon means is that they're putting the drop dash in many games due to the success of Mania. Not that this fake leak will add the drop dash.

8. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    Playing Sonic 2 and facing a lot of ridiculous bugs. First, broken monitors aren't restored when dying and then losing Tails in a level meant losing him permanently somehow. This whole collection is like eating a delicious looking bread but finding nasty parts in the center that are still raw

9. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    Someone quoted here about the physics and I noticed I jump quite high in ice cap zone on one of those purple things what lift you up when you land on them. Sometimes I liked to jump a bit before the lift off happened to get more height and I was surprised I flew quite up haha. Almost hit the ceiling near the end of act 1 where bunch of rings are in sky.

10. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    S3's physics/glitches are game ruining for me. I have no reason to play this version over AIR now. None. AIR already has a mod for the new Super animations and had them before the game even released widely. Hell, even the emulated 3K steam game plays better without AIR and that's just tragic.

I realize I sound like the typical whining entitled Sonic fan by saying this, but keep in mind I was the OP of this thread because I was excited for this collection, and had good reason to be after how well made the S1/2/CD/Mania ports were. I'm sadly eating my words right now.

This is just an unfinished, rushed, sloppy mess, and I now believe pushing this collection was a mistake. This needs to be fixed if at all possible, and hopefully officially and not just via mods. I would be refunding this if I hadn't already purchased a 3rd party discounted code rather than direct purchase from steam.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  11. Vertette

Vertette

I've been playing Sonic 1, and was reminded of how bad I am at Sonic 1. But despite all the tiny gripes I have, I *am* having fun so far so that's saying how good the game still is underneath all these mistakes.

Now please fix the janky Drop Dash Sega, it keeps messing me up. :(

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  12. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    One weird thing I've noticed is that in Sonic 3, Sonic's "turnaround skid" sprite when changing direction from full speed is displayed for much longer than in the original (where it appears very briefly)

13. SEGACast

SEGACast

Happy Release Day, everyone!!

I seem to recall hearing that Jun Senoue might have actually worked on one of the tracks, that being the Super Sonic theme (am I getting that right?). If that's true, then I'll retract my previous statement regarding the music.

If it's not, then well, uhh...

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
  14. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
    Is it me or is the audio of the whole collection really quiet and muffled on Switch? I couldn't hear anything at all when playing this during lunch at work, I feel like Sega is gaslighting me because I don't remember the games being so quiet

15. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    It seems the time over mechanic was removed, in Sonic 3 at least. I reached 9:59 in Sandopolis Act 2 (what a surprise :V), and the timer just froze.
    Not the most elegant of solutions, but I dig it lol

16. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

The music is definitely muffled when I'm playing Switch in TV mode. But it feels like only on some tracks? Like, Angel Island sounded okay but then Hydrocity was like listening through paper. In handheld it sounds fine, but that could just be because of the tinny speakers.

17. Josh Cristan

Josh Cristan

Consider it sold!

You'd think wouldn't you after reintroducing the classics to a new generation yet again, they'd do a Sonic 2HD job on the visuals, or at the very least Mania-ize them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2022
  18. ELS

ELS

It caps itself to 60, you can't unlock it without using external software.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean I wish they did do that for story mode at least, give a unified HUD, unified level objects and sprites, anything to make it less jarring than it currently is. But not only is that not consistent, not even the drop dash execution is consistent! That's crazy imo.

20. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    I'm pretty sure a 6 year old would think any game that wasn't 3D was made 50 years ago lol, it was just cute.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List