don't click here

Michael Jackson tweets about Sonic 3 and Michael Jackson

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chris Highwind, Jun 23, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
  2. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    I get that not everyone has been following the MJ Sonic 3 history since the early 2000's but by now there's been more than enough coverage of it.

3. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    I don’t think anyone here doubted it, we’re just surprised to see someone actually say “it’s in the final game” (which is what we all assumed) as opposed to SEGA’s usual “it got removed from the game before release”.

4. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Except that's not what he was said and as further clarified that tweet was taken completely out of context.

5. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    More of a technicality from my end. He didn't say it exactly, but this is the first time Naka himself has acknowledged MJ's involvement. That's a big deal to me, just for the sake of him doing so. He avoided it before as was mentioned.

I don't really follow his Twitter account, but I should. He posts a number of interesting tidbits. Sonic could die while holding one ring type of stuff.

7. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Oh I saw his original tweet about SEGA’s Tiktok, I even pointed it out in the Origins thread before Naka tweeted about the music being replaced. Naka explicitly making the comparison of “SEGA replacing the music in Origins” against/despite “SEGA using MJ music in TikTok”, combined with his other tweet saying they went to Jackson’s house, pretty much is his way of saying “it’s in S3 final” by pointing out why it had to be replaced in the first place.

In fact, I’d even argue that he wasn’t actually surprised by Origins’ music replacement, mainly because of “is it a sign?” in his original tweet regarding SEGA’s TikTok. He knows exactly what he’s doing.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    :ruby:

9. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    how come everyone always talks about Michael Jackson doing the music for Sonic 3 but no one ever talks about the programming work he also did for Traveller's Tales? :/
    upload_2022-6-23_17-27-55.png

10. saxman

saxman

Oldbie Tech Member
    He's still alive?!

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
  12. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Yeah I think we should probably close this, the whole premise is misinformation and misunderstandings. This is Mr Needlemouse all over again =P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.