don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Looks like a midnight release won't be a thing on Switch, in my region anyway.
    I'm a few minutes past midnight and it's still giving me the "fuck off and wait" message when I try to boot up the game.

2. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    So I'm of the opinion that the replaced zone tracks weren't done by Jun Senoue, and that they're actually from an earlier prototype or music archive. But that still begs the question, who the fuck signed off on these? Like who listened to Carnival Night and thought that sounded perfectly fitting and ok to put in the game?

3. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yeah I find it annoying that I have to wait until 12 PM to play on my Switch.. Mania was available on Switch after midnight so why couldn’t they do the same here?

This is why I don’t really prefer digital releases but whatever

4. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I managed to play this game a bit before bed on my Switch. Unlocked some stuff in museum. Gonna try the debug mode too tomorrow. I kept trying the vine trick and kept wondering why it no work lol. Glad found out few posts earlier theres new code

5. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    If that is the case, my next question would be: Why did SEGA's Katie specifically state that the different tracks were being handled by Jun?

6. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    lmao the menus in the Switch port run at 30 FPS.

iOS releases of 1 and 2 ran their (albeit simpler) menus at 60FPS.

Strange that they used the Hedgehog Engine when Unity or something would’ve sufficed.

7. corneliab

corneliab

Wait, seriously? I think I might just skip this if I have to wait that long. I'm already feeling pretty iffy on this as-is. My weekend is going to basically be over by then.

8. RikohZX

RikohZX

Like some have figured before, Jun probably handled the recording and sound mastering of the tracks, but didn't actually recompose them or so forth. When Katie said he was remastering them via old tapes, she was probably more literal than even she realized.

Starting to feel like Sega wants to make Hedgehog Engine 2 their personal Frostbite like Electronic Arts, after the better part of the past decade has been spent building it and funneling god knows how much funding into its development.

9. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Let's also remember Jun works for SOJ, so the original message could have been lost in translation.

10. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Anyone else had the prototype tracks stuck in their head because of listening to comparisons and stuff? I've had prototype Carnival Night Act 2 stuck in my head all day. Damn shame the Origins version got mangled a bit, it's a damn catchy track.

11. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Yeah that’s the time when the eShop usually puts out new digital games… it happened with Shredder’s Revenge last week and I couldn’t play it until I got home from work.. I wanted to have it ready to go so I can play during lunch but mehhhh

12. Naean

Naean

United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    So, a glitch just happened in this live stream:

[​IMG]

They travelled so fast as Super Sonic they outran boss camera boundary somehow and hit the capsule.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2022
  13. Turbohog

Turbohog

Not really strange. There's no licensing fee for their own internal engines and tools, while there is for Unity.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  14. Jaseman

Jaseman

The programmer has a nap! Hold out! Programmer! Member
    On the other hand, they used Godot to glue together Sonic Colors Ultimate

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I kinda love this glitch. It's almost like a speed reward, the "Rush past Robotnik" achievement lol

16. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

i was just thinking; if the camera lock can be overidden by speed, the runs on this version are gonna be crazy

17. Naean

Naean

United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Furthermore, while I don't have a time stamp nor video clip, earlier in that stream they went really fast to the right underwater in Carnival Night Zone: Act 2 (That area with the barrels, fans, spikes and Knuckles-exclusive-breakable-blocks path.) and Sonic died off-screen while outrunning the camera, during travel through the little tunnel area prior to the spikes area. Unsure what all that was about.

Scratch that, I backtracked in the live stream, found when the glitch happened and clipped it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2022
  18. Vertekins

Vertekins

Wants to know everything about Sonic Member
    Midlands, England, UK, over there in Europe.
    Translating Sonic info. Working on Concept Mobius. Also, trying to find extant footage of original Sonic CD special stage.
    Playing Origins right now as I'm in the UK and I just logged in to say, I absolutely LOVE it. The Drop Dash really is a valuable asset. And you can airlift Sonic like in Mania without having to rely on the second controller like in the Mega Drive original. I've mainly played the anniversary edition of Sonic 3 & Knuckles and have already noticed cool little touches such as the sound for going super being incorporated into the opening scene when Sonic goes super, Knuckles having his "Ready to fight" idle animation after knocking the emeralds out of Sonic instead of just standing there and the control temporarily locking when the mini boss that sets the island on fire first appears.

I got a perfect in the first special stage and was rewarded 3 coins for it too.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Question I have that I know I'll find out tomorrow but is the box art displayed on the main menu tied to the region or can that be changed?

Because so help me if I have to look at ass face Mohawk boy each time

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Naean

Naean

United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    It can be changed in game settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List