don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    yeah I am super curious if sega even knew these things when designing the overlay and systems around the games.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I think the point they were making is there aren't enough of us here to make much of an impact one way or the other. It's that non Sonic fans liked Mania, or non die hards that don't live and breathe the blue fella like us lol

3. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    That’s also known as voting with your wallet

• Like Like x 15
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    so many random people are gonna buy this, I think it's gonna do well, calm down

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I mean they must right? They're dicking around with the games to add the drop dash and the missions based off Sonic 1, 2, and CD, and they figured out Knuckles and Tails for Sonic 2.

It's just weird

6. corneliab

corneliab

I fucking hate Sega lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

Oh, btw, if I can swap between soundtracks for a sec here;

…actually yeah that’s exactly what I’m wondering; any gameplay vids show how swapping CD’s OST works?

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Is it wrong that I'm kinda ambivalent about the S3 tracks and more concerned about the homogenised players in VS mode?

The tracks sound kinda bare bones but fine enough for me, but I hate the idea they might have stripped down the gameplay for multiplayer, a big draw for me (I know SEGA AGES S2 done the same thing, but largely because Tails didn't have flying in that version, thus Sonic having Drop Dash would have been an unfair advantage, EVERYONE has their powers in Origins S2 so it's no more uneven than Mania).

9. Okay so. Music thoughts.

So what the actual hell is up with some tracks being direct ports from 1103 (ICZ2, unused theme, competition mode) and others being modified?? And of all the tracks to be a direct port, why ICZ2?

Also for some devils advocate, the new LBZ1 doesn’t sound bad; the old lead wasn’t exactly powerful anyways. I just want to see LBZ2, CNZ1 and CNZ2 reverted. And maybe ICZ1 because right now it’s just ICZ2 with missing drums, and that’s not very nice.

10. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Honestly I’d have gone with a condensed FM arrangement of the theme from Virtual Sonic. It sounds much more fitting for a super theme to my ears.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  11. RikohZX

RikohZX

12. Okay if this is real it’s just mocking us at this point

13. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    My mind associates that so hard with SRB2 (which also has/had it as a Super Sonic theme) that hearing it in a different game would be uncanny.

This guy did exactly what I'm talking about, and it totally sounds like a Super Sonic theme. The instrumentation is a little grating, but it's still way better than the Origins version.

holy fuck my sides

14. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    Besides, wasn't Origins made primarly for the post-Movie fans?

don't shoot me, I'm just a messenger :shobon:

15. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    I don't think the Sonic the Hedgehog fanbase has ever boycotted a game to any significant degree... no matter how much we tell them to. Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric might be the closest, but I suspect that's more of a lack of Wii U sales than people avoiding it on purpose.

And you wouldn't really boycott this one anyway - three quarters of the compilation hasn't been meddled with, and it's almost certainly not aimed at people here. If by some miracle you've not played Sonic 1, 2 or CD before, this is probably the best choice, but I've played all three many, many times, and I'm not paying full price to do it again. And we have to support the Taxman/Stealth legacy regardless of form - the money's perhaps better spent on another copy of Mania, but ehh, home team etc.

16. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I heard it was because of someone’s dogged and effective guerrilla campaign of pushing over all the display stands they could find that were carrying the game. :ruby:

17. Mana

Mana

Good! Great! Awesome! Outstanding! Amazing! Member
    Also it came out like 3 days before Smash4WiiU and Pokemon ORAS came put so that didn't help either.

18. Has anyone brought this up directly to any of the devs yet? I’m relatively sure we could get a Day 1 patch to fix up the CNZ, ICZ1 and LBZ2 music…

19. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

While I don't HATE the music, I admit that staticy sound in CNZ 2 might count as a bad audio glitch to look into.

PLEASE patch Sonic 2/3 VS to enable player abilities though or at least add a toggle.

20. RikohZX

RikohZX

Sonic 3 Competition breaks just by jumping at the right times to run on geometry so I can't imagine Knuckles gliding onto walls very well there, both it and Sonic 2 VS don't have player abilities by the sheer nature that they aren't there in the originals.