don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. Okamikurainya

Okamikurainya

Somewhere in Africa
    Sonic: Time Attacked - MAX
    Sega, you're an f-ing tease.
    upload_2022-6-21_22-10-25.png

upload_2022-6-21_22-11-27.png

upload_2022-6-21_22-8-24.png
    Like... At this point it's just cruel to show Amy taking an active role in the cutscenes with her hammer if she isn't planned to be playable.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Having access to sonic 1 and sonic 3's level select menus is great but the fact they removed the sonic 2 menu so no way to enter the level select code screams incompetence from sega.

I am rather sour on the whole thing, we finally get the amazing taxman stealth ports and we finally get sonic 3 with the same love! but then sega being sega seem to half arse the collection and any changes are not though about and just done to be done.

I might as well stick with my original amazon app store versions without the sega forever ads and bugs, games which also have multiplayer online.

3. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    From a review standpoint, I'm not too surprised reviews (so far) are fairly good. Once it was clear S1/S2/CD were the existing TaxStealth remasters and HC would be remastering S3&K in an similar manner, we were practically guaranteed that the actual meat of the collection (the remasters) would be good. It's a question on how much everything else surrounding them gives it additional support or drags it down; and if it's overall worth the $40+ pricetag.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  4. Felik

Felik

Sorry for spoiler questions but does it have playable Amy?
    + - Because that ending animation REALLY suggests it (she never used here Picopico hammer in CD and the tone of the animation suggest she is an action girl  

Also REALLY disappointed about the music. From completely butchered version of CNZ (the one theme that I think is on par with the genesis versions) to them not using PC version "unused track aka Super Sonic theme" and using S&K version of ending theme instead of beta version (the one that have Sonic 3 tracks in it)

5. corneliab

corneliab

That's kind of interesting. At least there's that (and I'm also really hoping there's a code to just turn off super music, like in Mania).

6. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Perhaps in later DLC?

7. Angel X

Angel X

Italy

8. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

I’m hearing that S2 still has a level select; it just uses the &Knuckles version apparently, which also had no sound test

9. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Are you sure the level select isn't done exactly as it was in the Knuckles in Sonic 2 lock-on? That was certainly the case in the mobile versions (which had controller support), which these are ports of.

10. Taylor

Taylor

Sorry for asking to be spoonfed but where are you seeing the new Super Sonic music? Can't find it on youtube

11. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
  12. corneliab

corneliab

No sound test? Unless they removed it here specifically, it was there.

edit: I misunderstood

Last edited: Jun 21, 2022
  13. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    Here's a review from ArsTechnica:

14. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Informative Informative x 6
    • List
  15. Mustapha

Mustapha

A+ Oldbie
    A+
    A PLUS
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  16. corneliab

corneliab

As somebody that mostly just cares about getting these four remastered games on console, the hangup some of these reviewers have with "not enough new content" is weird to me. I don't even care about what they DID add, like mission mode, and I'm just here for the games themselves. It's a compilation...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

The mobile port only had the shell menu, where you could pick settings, game mode, characters, etc, and then launch into a title screen that just said “press start”

Since that meant no Options menu, Taxman’s team used the gamepad input from Knuckles in Sonic 2, which similarly only let you press start

18. LukyHRE

LukyHRE

The only one who has a Portal-themed avatar Member
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Bitching and complaining about my country -.-'
    There are some gameplays in Twitter that show it: https://twitter.com/SNick_WT/status/1539244654658469891

It's not up to quality, in my opinion. And it spams Sonic 1 drums.

BTW...

Just saw a tweet describing my feelings exactly:

If that dope, new rotating Super Sonic sprite work combined with the bad Sonic 4 style music doesn’t just completely sum what being a Sonic fan is like, I don’t know what does

19. corneliab

corneliab

Oh sorry, I was thinking of the sound test option within the level select menu.

20. Angel X

Angel X

Italy

But ... but this is the nine-tailed fox?!?!?!(5:23)
    Seriously the cutscenes are beautiful!
    Anyway I love this evil version of Tails...