don't click here

Sonic Riders gets an anim? intro?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Adamis, Dec 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    The anime intro is pretty sweet. But then again, the last Sonic game with an anime intro was Sonic Shuffle, wasn't it?

Wait, you're saying Sonic Rush was bad and you don't have it yet? Slow down. Don't assume anything before you play that game. It's easily in the top five Sonic games.

2. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    Nono, he played it. He "had" it not too long ago. It might be hard to believe, but you can play a NDS game without owning it.
    And you don't need to pay for something to appreciate it.

3. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    XD So true.

4. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    Maybe someone's been watching too much Digimon? *Brick'd* Seriously, all the main characters had goggles but only wore them once or twice.

5. The intro video style keeps reminding me of the old Sonic movie art style. I know they're not the same, but it's just the "oddness" of the style that reminds me.

The game may be bad and it may not be, although I am leaning towards the "bad" side right now. I will rent it first.

6. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Ah the anime gogles. "We're in the middle of the forest, but just incase we encounter sand storms I'm bringing my trusty gogles!" I once wore my safety glasses around at school just to see what would happen, what made it better was the glasses over the glasses effect :P Something else I've always wondered about, why do character animals always wear gloves?

7. Shade

Shade

that's actually a very good question. However, the Sonic series has never been about logic. Talking animals? Hedgehogs breathing (and talking) in space? Ted Roosevelt an insane madman? Rouge wearing underpants? Its rediculous!

Then again, I cannot imagine them without gloves.

8. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Well, I have played it a few times. There are a few programming bugs that were not appearing in Sonic Advance, such as the reverse gravity when you don't jump with full charge. It makes the timing of platform jumping really annoying and I end up in endless pits. Also, about the 3rd most used tile in the game makes Sonic stuck in if you hold a special direction button.

9. Sakura Courage Solo

Sakura Courage Solo

I am a Woodpecker! Except in Dirt! Member
    Lava Reef Zone
    A Sprite-Based Dollmaker and a Card Game
    I was thinking the same thing... all though I also thought the intro/edings for Sonic CD looked the same style as the Sonic Anime Movie. XD

10. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    This intro has a new visual style to the character's never used before. Their bodies have been replaced with skatebord surfer's backs. (Body much taller and more human)

11. Gamerguy

Gamerguy

SHHHHHHH Member
    Oh, I didn't realize you had done a download. I haven't encountered any of those problems...actually, I haven't got stuck a single time. Maybe the download had some parts missing? I dunno.

Anyway, off topic. Sorry.

Could the intro have been done by the Sonic X team? It seems that Sega is working more closely on both sides now that they share voice acting.

12. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I can show you someday when it is possible to record a movie. It's really lazy programmers not fixing the main character's moves. And it's not a bad download.

13. Heran Bago

Heran Bago

Ah! It's Puyo battle then. Tech Member
    We wears them when he flies =P. Maybe speed boosts will warrant goggle wearing?

Glad I'm not the only person who noticed. I wouldn't call it a "bug" though. I think LOst is reffering to how the jumping physics are extremely different than in the Sonic Advance and Sonic 1-3K.
    If you jump with the old mindset, you will end up in bottomless pits, sure. Or if you're lucky, a pit with a lazer of death at the bottom.
    You need to practice to get the new (less natural-feeling) jumping physics down. When you get used to it, it makes jumping around floating platforms easier. It is only a better choice for the them to make because of the screen size. Were the screen bigger, it would infuriate me to have the lame jumping physics.

14. Elusive

Elusive

Sparkster the Rocket Knight Member
    It reminded me more of Sonic Battle's art style, all plain colours and thick outlines.

15. voice

voice

Make any joke you want, you know I look good. Banned
    45mins west of Chicago
    RSN2.0, PHP:IRC (A attempt at CGI:IRC in PHP)
    Animators love to make their work easier :P

16. Kampfer

Kampfer

Now that you mention it, it does. Especially Sonic's body shape and spikes.

17. Jayenkai

Jayenkai

The bottom right Knuckles image on the first post is just screaming out "SAAWNIKK!" (from whoever it was did that silly little comic a couple of years back)

(updated before posted) Found the comic on my HD*, so can now post a comparison shot..
    Sawnikk's Knuckles
    [​IMG]

SonicRider's Knuckles
    [​IMG]

And, the whole comic, posted until told to remove!
    A Winrar EXE, 'cos some people moan about Rar's!

Not entirely sure who drew that originally, found on a forum some time in 2003 (see file's date!)

*Wound up being found on my HD, but actually found via a link I posted to a forum ages ago, which linked to the file on my HD!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.