don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Bet they'll include the 3d blast demo tracks which Job Burton uploaded to his YouTube channel a few years back.

2. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hmm...

3. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    I'm impressed you beat Aladdin. I still haven't beaten it; that game was hard.

4. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Oh, shit. I just had a thought. In Story mode, what happens if you beat Sonic 2 without getting the Chaos Emeralds? Will they put in Sonic's surfboard animation for Sonic 3's intro?

5. Honestly the whole "Beating the games without the good ending" thing is the thing I am most curious about. No way they wouldn't let you continue in Story Mode if you failed to get the good ending...

Ah yes. It's all coming together.

Looks like Tails may be following Sonic after the end of Sonic CD in story mode afterall.

6. Josh Cristan

Josh Cristan

Would've been good if they'd Maniafied the story mode and had one unified set of sprites, same monitors/lamp posts/eggpods/title cards across all titles.

7. Pengi

Pengi

They wouldn't mesh well with the level graphics.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  8. I would loved this. Classic mode could serve a heightened purpose of having original sprites

9. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

Wouldn’t technically be the first time

didn’t Mega Collection have ads for an upcoming Gamecube game in it’s gallery?
    Can’t remember if it was Heroes or one of the Accursed Adventure Ports

10. RikohZX

RikohZX

I believe it advertised Adventure 2 Battle complete with a video trailer, and then Mega Collection Plus had a making-of video with that prototype version of the Heroes opening theme with the na na na lyric filler.

11. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    It also had a Sonic Advance 2 trailer in it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  12. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Don’t forget the History of Sonic segment ending with yet another plug for SA2:B.

It’s funny how fondly Mega Collection is looked back on considering it was seen as a huge disappointment at the time in the fandom (who, to be fair, was arguably more certifiably insane at the time). It probably would have been smoothed over had it contained Sonic CD and the OVA as originally planned though.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Pengi

Pengi

Sonic Mega Collection was fairly bare bones in terms of extra content (especially so compared to Sonic Jam), but it was many people's introduction to those games

14. RikohZX

RikohZX

I think the number of games were a point in its book, same for Gems Collection. I remember when Origins was initially announced (and again when highlighted in April) that people were complaining about how it only will have 4 games and no Sonic World tier content stuff.

Subjective opinion from my perspective is that these collections give people nostalgia for their music and the time in things like the gallery, gazing upon art and Archie comic covers, but they weren't really all that great compared to so many other collections over the years, we just love 'em because we had 'em and a lot of folks got introduced to chunks of the series with 'em.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
  15. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

I definitely think the OVA omission is by FAR the biggest missed opportunity of Mega collection, considering it’s apparently been unlicensable ever since General Entertainment went under

16. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
  17. Harper

Harper

Seems like it. Hoping it goes up to the Sonic 3 levels with the proto music. I have a feeling they'll stop after Sonic 1.

18. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    It's says that the 25, at 6:23pm (lol) there will be a Live Broadcast indeed, with a "Clear the story mode the fastest" challenge yeah.
    They are doing a complete run that should take 6 hours and 23 minutes too (6:23 lol).

More info is here: https://sonic.sega.jp/SonicChannel/topics/event/20220617_002921/

19. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Damn, I thought it said "6 hours and 25 minutes from now" so 5:25 AM EST :P

20. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    It's on the 25th, so after the game comes out, sadly.