don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    So since the game has started preloading on various consoles, how likely is it that someone'll be able to datamine assets from it and leak the new Sonic 3 & Knuckles tracks early?

Personally if they do I'll be trying to avoid them - I'll be playing Story Mode first as a good excuse to run through all the games in sequence, so it'll be a while until I get to Sonic 3 & Knuckles to hear the tracks for myself. Just curious if I'm likely to have to start dodging spoilers music-wise before the game's even launched...!

2. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Pretty unlikely, all the files are encrypted until release.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Yeah, where are they? You know, so I can avoid them.
    [​IMG]

4. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    I wonder if any of the consoles will let us get a sneak peek at the file structure though... that could be interesting.

5. Nothing new here, I don't think, aside from maybe a scrap brain zone mission that may be new footage

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. DefinitiveDubs

DefinitiveDubs

The Voice Maestro Member
    Cyber City
    Mega Man Zero: The Definitive Dub
    Actually, we see here that Tails has a new intro for 3&K. Neat.

7. Actually, we see here that Tails has a new intro for 3&K. Neat.[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah I did see that. He lands the plane, is that what was going on there? Looked sort of odd. But I appreciate the new intro

8. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    Nintendo has deducted the $45 from my preorder of Origins, but I can't download the game yet. Why?

9. Childish

Childish

Pigs wiggle when they walk Member
    Shady lane
    Sonic 4 Blast Processed
    Hmmm 3k seems to be using 3k object layouts based of that coin monitor in HCZ.

Also I think that tails intro is new.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I love the new Tails intro! He actually lands the plane and then runs in after Sonic.

And yea I'd expect the layouts would be based off S3K's, not Sonic 3's

11. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Overthinking Sonic timelines. Member
    I wasn't sure if the normal mode (not the anniversary one) was with the HD versions or the original versions. It's "4:3 with remasterd visuals" (don't know if this was already confirmed).

12. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

Also, will be Hyper Sonic canon again?
    upload_2022-6-16_13-28-23.png

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It just installed on my switch and is now on the home menu.

14. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Based on the first trailer back in April, we were able to see for ourselves that Classic Mode is basically the remakes cropped to 4:3 and limited lives.. you can see for yourself when you watch Robotnik’s wrecking ball, there’s more frames of animation added to it, which is how it was programmed on the Retro Engine

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  15. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Like MainMemory said they are encrypted until release, but maybe if the game gets an update before it's officially released then that could be datamined for whatever it may contain.

16. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Sounds like we will be getting a few more of these videos between now and release.

Haha Tails breaking the monitor of "never before seen content" (which just looks like footage from one of the new animated cut scenes) is the exact kinda goofy shit I made up in my head a long time ago.

EDIT: Noticed Floating Island was actually floating on the main menu which I guess would occur after fully beating S3&K.

17. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I wouldn't take it for granted. Hyper was never really canon to begin with (I believe only referenced via Hyper Knuckles in the Archie book, which seemed more like a way to delineate his form from Super Sonic's nomenclature. I'm sure the form will still be present, but I don't think a bonus form that has 0 room to provide distinct story opportunities over the form that's already canonically invulnerable will ever be canonised.

The real question is, will they changed how Tails interacts with the emeralds for the sake of parity with the other games?

18. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Amy's artwork profile says "When the time comes for it, she plays an active role with her beloved pico-pico hammer".

If only that was a tease to set up Amy as an unlockable playable character! (I don’t think Classic Amy had an active role with her hammer outside of Sonic the Fighters) Although given that Knuckles isn't in Sonic CD, expecting unlockable Amy is probably a setup for disappointment!

19. raphael_fc

raphael_fc

I wonder if some cutscene will show Amy with tarot cards and her hammer.

20. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    smh they spelled Piko-Piko Hammer wrong. :(