don't click here

Sonic Prime (Netflix Animated Series)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The Joebro64, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    I'm honestly hoping Brain Drummond voices Shadow for that reason. Well, that, and his voice does fit Shadow, imo.

2. So happy big is here but not happy he doesn't sound dumb af

3. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [​IMG]

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Big's voice is kind of great here. I know that he typically talks super slowly, but I genuinely found it to be a bit too much sometimes. It's a different direction and I'm okay with it. The fact that Big is even getting a look-in makes me happy, honestly. I've had a soft spot for the character since before he was a meme. Any time that he gets attention is a positive for me. Now I'm just waiting on Rouge and Omega to show up in a major capacity for at least one episode.

And the animation is really great. I love the way that this looks. Sonic's running animation looks a bit awkward, but on the whole it's all very pressing aesthetically. It looks a lot less stiff and stilted than Boom.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    I hope the French dub won't rename Big "Bleu" (blue) like in Sonic X...

6. RikohZX

RikohZX

If Big's a thing I half-expect Sonic to stumble into a universe where Big's knocked Eggman off his pedestal as an evil overlord or is some big hero or celebrity or something. Just feels like the ripe pickings for what's probably going to be a comedy-centric adventure.

7. Forte

Forte

I speak better after three beers Member
    Poland
    That reddish sky rubs me the wrong way. It looks kinda like Sunset Hill... but wrong.

I wonder if Shadow will follow Sonic through the different dimensions or something.

8. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
  9. Mookey

Mookey

Not bad actually. I don't really mind the fur/spine texture either, wondering what it'll look like on the other characters.

10. Sonic looks much better here than in the footage we saw, for some reason.

11. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Genuinely looks decent.

12. Kyro

Kyro

13. Snowbound

Snowbound

New teaser

14. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member

edit: ninja'd

15. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    that still tells me nothing about the plot. are they gonna be stuck in that dusk green hill clone the whole show?

16. Holy fucking shit the animation is actually gassed. Its been forever since we had a well animated Sonic show.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  17. Ok, that trailler made me a little more excited for this show.

Also, was that Egg Dragoon?

18. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    It resembled the Egg Dragoon, but it seems to be a different machine. Either that or maybe Eggman will upgrade it into the Egg Dragoon later in the show for an epic moment of some sort.

19. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    I think the trailer showed two different machines, one of them being the Egg Dragoon. Actually upon further inspection yeah it's the same non-Egg Dragoon machine under different lighting. Also yeah I’m totally stoked upon seeing that animation. There has *never* been a Sonic animation that looks this good. Not even the OVA was this dynamic. Devin Mack sounds almost spot on to Roger, so I’m optimistic about the voice likenesses. Still a shame that they opted not to use the original cast but hopefully the difference won’t be jarring.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2022
  20. Don’t want to rain on the parade for anyone who’s liking this but it didn’t do much for me. The Green Hill environment seemed weirdly sterile even if the character animation was good. Almost like it’s a test environment they put the characters over. Sonic’s voice is a dead ringer for Roger though and he sounds good.

Though admittedly, I’m a pretty hardcore weeb when it comes to Sonic media, so I’m not sure what a non-JP studio could do to make me excited haha. Western produced products just always give that “unofficial” vibe to me. Even while watching the films, which I enjoy, I come away with the thought of, “This isn’t the REAL Sonic…”

In the words of Metal, “There is only one Sonic…” /「ソニックは一人だけ」

[​IMG]