don't click here

Sonic Frontiers Thread - PS4, PS5, Xbox, Switch, PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MykonosFan, May 27, 2021.

1. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    Wish they specified how upgrades work. Is it something you have to buy from a shop (like skills in Sonic Generations) or stuff you have to find in the world (like the Crystal Ring in Sonic Adventure)?

2. CaseyAH_

CaseyAH_

human incarnation of Palmtree Panic 'P' Mix Member
    That is longer then any Forces level I can name off the top of my head so that is nice I suppose.

3. MH MD

MH MD

That's like the average length of Generations levels

he even call it a "Generations style" levels

no one drew comparisons to Forces at all so far, either in leaks or impressions

4. RikohZX

RikohZX

That's actually about exactly how long the average Forces level was, give or take half a minute. It doesn't feel like much happens in them but unless you just blow through them flawlessly they just feel like they're a minute and a half long.

5. MontiP

MontiP

"Tylerfoxorwhatever? I barely know her!" Member
    Chile
    When IGN described the levels as "bit-sized", I thought they were going to be, at most, two minutes long, but this is nice to know; two and a half minutes is a pretty reasonable length for your standard Sonic level.

Also, I speculated that if the Spindash was present in the game, it would have been an unlockable skill.

6. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Honestly the Forces levels that did reach that mark were generally the most padded with blocky platforming anyway.

At any rate, I’m elated to hear about this and the spin dash and that things are better than the marketing has made out.

7. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Depending on how super-specific the challenges in these stages are (as I think there's a good chance some of them are like Colors or Lost World where they focus on specific skills), they could get pretty difficult towards the back half of the game. Given the dearth of challenge in this series since Colors, I kind of hope they do.

8. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Remember that you're expected to play these levels multiple times to complete sub missions. In that case 2 and a half minutes for one boost level is pretty solid in my opinion. People seem to really like the game so far. I am elated.

This person also said "think Generations but with different styles and names". This hints that they ARE brand new levels, just with familiar tropes like "green level".

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
  9. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    That person claims to have waited 3 hours to play Frontiers, but you could only play Frontiers with a booked appointment. They also list their location as NC with this being an event on the other side of the United States, aimed at press outlets and large influencers. Their YouTube link doesn't even work, let alone their follower count.

Disregard what they're saying for now.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • List
  10. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Have we had confirmation from any news outlets that the appointments were pre-booked? Playing devil’s advocate, it’s possible OP did book the appointment three hours before playing.

But then I don’t know if this is how such things would work and I’m just throwing the idea out there in the hopes someone more knowledgeable assesses the possibility.

EDIT: Okay you know what, scratch all that. Visited OP’s feed and they’re just posting different, inconsistent pictures of the booth taken from sources we’ve already seen elsewhere. Clearly just chasing clout.
    Damn…

11. Snowbound

Snowbound

He posted pics of the event. Anyone know if he’s just reposting pictures other folks put online?

12. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    very interested to know how the Spindash would even work in a game with seemingly infinite boost. Doesn't one kind of negate the need for the other? I hope that Spindash and rolling is in don't get me wrong lol

I'm glad the game seems to be getting better impressions now that more people are hands on with it.

14. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    See the edit on my previous post. The pictures have been seen already and are inconsistent in dimensions and quality.

15. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Yes, that's what they're doing. It fooled me at first, seemed pretty legitimate. Upon a second check these are just shots that are being shared around by others trying to see a glimpse of the game from actual attendees tweets and videos from the event.

To back it up a bit, here's a photo someone posted a few hours before he did as part of his claim.

Original: (1) CHAR0613 on Twitter: "#SonicFrontiers https://t.co/fRsC5JFE8t" / Twitter
    This person: (1) Asura XL™ on Twitter: "#Sonicfrontiers https://t.co/rKspZbkPCq" / Twitter

Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  16. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    Hell world

17. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
    Well, that's disappointing. I hope these things have or get more legitimate evidence, I'd very much like for them to be true.

18. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

OR
  19. Starduster

Starduster

Britain
    Honestly, given that OP was clearly just running his mouth, I think we should just forget about the spin dash being a possibility outright until we do get something. It’d make much more sense for it to be a core part of the move set anyway.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  20. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I don't expect it to be anywhere, but hilariously I imagine spin dashing would be part of the skill tree if anywhere. I can see it now: a move in the section of the tree dedicated to mobility. Ah yes. Fuck me up.