don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Not to self-advertise, but Mit and I just put up an episode of our podcast about how we got hired on to work on the credits sequence for Sonic 2 and what it was like being a part of that process.

The video has a lot of the animations we already posted to twitter, but it's also got some until-now unseen development stills. Should be an interesting look into our side of things as random pixel artists who got a big opportunity.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Having just watched through a bunch of X Men movies (except for Dark Phoenix) I kind of feel like Wolverine in those movies is so close to Shadow (in many more ways than one*) that I now believe they might take inspiration from that and maybe even take it further for his movie version. I both adore this idea and hate it because they could totally bring him down the wrong path again very easily.

*(Wolverine is a big softie doing dirty things to do good with at least one instance of characterization trying to market him only as the badass doing badass things because of a tragic backstory rather than flavoring for a soup of heartwarming)

3. Snowbound

Snowbound

5AA8D754-6CA3-46F9-97FD-8CCAA0DB23A0.jpeg

4. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Michael Kus just dumped a bunch of concept art for the Robotnik mech on Artstation a few minutes ago:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 10
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  5. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
  6. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Yet another song has been made for Sonic 2, this time for the Japanese release.

I was under the impression the entire reason "On the Green Hill" was made was so that it could play in place of stars in the sky, but maybe it ends up being used in place of the bit in the middle.

Oh also it's immediately just like the best sounding song of all of the movie songs.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. Crappy Blue

Crappy Blue

Knuckles' Chaotix is a perfect game with no flaws Member
    Oh man, if this is the Japanese release's replacement for Stars in the Sky, that means the main-on-ends is going to be re-soundtracked to this, which feels real weird. I can only imagine this is how anime opening animators feel when their shows' theme songs get replaced in localization.

8. Kyro

Kyro

Very interesting, I wonder where this will end up

That said I dont like this at all lol

9. Snowbound

Snowbound

I like the backing track. It reminds me of the hip hop-inspired tracks from 3&K. The rapping tho… good lord I really do not like it. I like rap but this guy’s delivery just ain’t for me.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I doubt they care, though from an American perspective openings where really English version's of the JP lyrics for a few decades.

11. Snowbound

Snowbound

1AF64AD2-319D-443D-A454-A39CC50CD4A4.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • List
  12. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Looks like they're giving themselves a little more time for this next one.

Do we know when the Knuckles show is coming out yet?

13. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    I will never understand how they arrive at such specific dates with so much anticipation

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  14. Linkabel

Linkabel

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    It likely boils down to a combination of logistical and business factors. December is one of the months in which new films do well, particularly given that'll be a school holiday, targeting the primary demographic of young kids, with Friday being a good opening night since parents are more likely to take their kids out then. At the same time, being the week before Christmas rather than the week of means people won't be too busy/full of turkey to go see it. As has been mentioned, its replacing the Smurfs, another property which primarily targets a young demographic, except Sonic has much wider appeal and recognition among other age ranges which they'll be trying to capitalise on by placing the movie in such a lucrative spot.

16. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Well, I got the date right at least.:eng99:

17. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    It brings me a bit of a smile seeing Sonic doing so well that Sonic 3 bumped back another movie since it's more of a priority.

This is the same series that had to delay itself because Gremlin Sonic was universally hated.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    He then became the hero we needed.

19. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    I'm not ruling out the possibility they just wanted any excuse to delay a Smurfs movie

Why? Because it's a Smurfs movie.