don't click here

Sega games on GOG

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Bobblen, Jun 6, 2022.

1. Bobblen

Bobblen

• Informative Informative x 4
    • List
  2. Kobz

Kobz

Down on the Upside Member
    FLA
    That's great news. Steam is typically my go-to for titles with multiplayer, since the player base tends to be larger, but I always opt for the GOG versions of single-player-focused titles when they're available. I'll probably double-dip on titles from the Dreamcast collection and similar ones if they end up on there.

While this batch of titles leans more modern, I'm hopeful GOG's emphasis on older titles could pave the way for optimized versions of Sega's Windows 95 ports, such as Virtua Fighter.

3. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    I just hope they get Mania there.

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

Honestly hope this leads to 2000s titles like Virtua Tennis, The Typing of the Dead, Sonic Heroes, Crazy Taxi 3, and Billy Hatcher being available on a digital platform again.

I'd love to wish for titles like Sega Rally 1&2 and OutRun 2006 but I can't imagine licensing working out for those titles.

5. Hydra Spectre

Hydra Spectre

Tails Fan Member
    GOG is my go-to for single player games.
    I am actually hoping Sonic Heroes would get released on GOG as well as Sonic Riders.
    And since SEGA is okay with emulators (unlike Nintendo), maybe they can release Sonic '06 and Unleashed as emulated 360 games.

SEGA is already re-releasing Warhammer 40K: Space Marine and Two Point Hospital on GOG. I guess Sonic Mania is inevitable.

6. Bobblen

Bobblen

Yeah, some of those mid 2000s games locked behind Safedisc copy protection would be great

7. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I already have Sonic Heroes physically for PC, but I'd take a GOG release for the sake of compatibility.

8. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Unexpected. SEGA is very resistant to DRM-free stores. It's good they're opening up, though.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Fantastic news, all in favour of this. Hope they expand their output.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    So did Sega need to get the Alien license back for this from Disney, or what?

11. Bobblen

Bobblen

The license deal for the Alien stuff does seem to be more generous than most movie licences, Sega have never stopped selling them since 2010, despite newer games like Fireteam Elite definitely being developed and published by someone else. Same with Rebellion and Avp 99. I wish more licenced games were done this way to be honest. (Although my only 'evidence' us that the games are still on sale, so who knows!)

12. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    Maybe some older Sega PC Titles pretty pls. Hopefully we can get some of the games we discussed about in the other PC topic :) At least for preservation sake.
    Everytime I try to get any of the older games it ends up a shitty crappy rip without songs or whatever from a shitty warez site of 20 years ago -_- I'm tired of it.