don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I already bought a code for the Deluxe version on Steam. I keep forgetting to pre-order for Xbox (since I don't own a Series X).

2. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    And there are games with Denuvo that to this day *still* haven't been cracked. Sonic Colors Ultimate remains uncracked to this day.

3. I couldn't help myself, I replayed M2 Sonic 2 this weekend trying to decide whether or not I'd use the control stick or D-pad for Origins... I've always always always used the D-pad, but decided to try sticking with the stick on this play-through... it feels pretty nice and natural especially the motion of running into rolling

Another nice thing in the M2 ports is the rumble addition. I hope that is also in Origins!

4. Kobz

Kobz

Down on the Upside Member
    FLA
    PC/Steam for me. It opens up the possibility of modding, and I can easily use a wireless Retro-Bit Genesis or Saturn pad on PC, whereas a converter is required to use one on PS4. Typically I reserve my PS4 for titles that call for more horsepower than what my PC can offer.

I could end up double-dipping and buying it for PS4 if they release a physical edition down the road.

5. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

I already pre-ordered it on PS5. I plan on getting it on Series X and Switch too. Like I said, PC I'm still very much on the fence if I'm getting it on there.

6. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Bear in mind that cracking Denuvo isn't a one size fits all solution. Some games aren't cracked because they simply don't garner enough interest. Colours Ultimate is a remake of a 10+ year old Wii game that doesn't really do much radically new or different. There just isn't going to be as much impetus to crack it when the original exists and is fairly easily found online.

7. AzuraRacon

AzuraRacon

I’d imagine that’s moreso because anyone who really wants to play Colors on PC has other, Aquatic-Mammal-themed options

8. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
  9. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. nesboy43

nesboy43

I just want the following:

Classic mode with emulation and the original roms

Widescreen retro engine mode of games but you can chose to turn gameplay changes on/off

Not interested in coin mode.

11. RikohZX

RikohZX

You'll get Classic with lives but the retro engine versions and no options for anniversary, unless things like Drop Dash are unlockable rather than there from the start, but I doubt it.

12. nesboy43

nesboy43

This is so disappointing. Don't get me wrong, I realize I can play the original games at any time without this package. However, it fails to be a definitive collection by

1) Not offering the original experience (roms/emu)
    2) Not offering a recreation of the original experience with the widescreen mode

13. RikohZX

RikohZX

I mean, when it comes down to it I'm only miffed that there isn't a Sega Ages S3&K and that all other versions of it got delisted. Otherwise Sega doesn't wanna do Mega/Sega CD emulation outside of the Mini 2, and i wouldn't want roms slapped into this collection without M2 attached.

Plus if the 3&K situation is as complicated as we all believe it to be, it wouldn't be able to have a rom version here potentially anyway.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Lives stopped making sense after Sonic 3 introduced save slots. The coins system simply turns them into something relevant again. Now you can at least use coins to unlock nice stuff.

15. Harper

Harper

I'm getting it on PS5 but I might double dip for the Switch version.

16. kyasarintsu

kyasarintsu

If I get this, it's probably on Switch. I don't really play mods and I have no reason to have this on more than one platform.

17. RikohZX

RikohZX

I'm looking to grab a Steam Deck so that will cover portability for me, and if I want to play Sonic Origins in 4K I can just run it from my PC to my TV instead of getting an Xbox Series X version, unless Denuvo sucks that bad. I don't think it's in my price range of double dipping anyway, it's not like Mania's price in that regard.

18. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Ngl, was kind of disappointed they didn’t at least include vanilla S&K with the Genesis mini. I honestly always preferred the S&K half to S3 anyway (although that feels like an unpopular opinion?), and I definitely would have taken it over Spinball, though I’m sure they ignored it so as to not draw even more attention to S3 being ignored.

19. Pre-purchased on steam but will also be getting it for switch after release.

20. Hydra Spectre

Hydra Spectre

Tails Fan Member
    I'm gonna get it on Epic Games Store since it is slightly cheaper there in my country, and since I want it to go along with Sonic Mania which I got from Epic Games Store for free.
    I would buy a physical re-release on Switch after I get a Nintendo Switch.