don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I wonder if this will be fixed:
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Londinium

Londinium

People actually read these? Member
    'No lol'
    ~Sega

3. jubbalub

jubbalub

#1 Sonic Superstars defender Member
    "This game is cool and I want to support the developers, so I will buy it" and "Not everyone has $40 to spend on a game" are both statements that can coexist

4. Look, if they can add Tails to CD and reimplement Hidden Palace in Sonic 2, they can make a proper fucking Eggrobo Sprite.....isn't that what Sonic 3 complete/A.I.R. did actually?

5. Snowbound

Snowbound

I wonder if they’ll add a cutscene canonizing the fan theory that Eggman hid out in flying battery post Sonic’s 3K campaign.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
  6. RikohZX

RikohZX

Maybe stuff like that is why the creator of the Sonic Chaos fan remake got hired to do spritework for 3&K? They can't just reuse Complete assets after all.

7. Harper

Harper

Also, a handful of backgrounds in the game are only in 4:3 and would need to be redrawn to work in widecscreen. The backgrounds for Death Egg Zone Act 2 and Doomsday Zone come to mind, I'm sure there's other minor things that need to be re-adjusted for widescreen as well.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Yes, but not to change the Eggman sprite - only to tweak the machine so it looks less suggestive.

9. MastaSys

MastaSys

Yes. Let's not kid ourselves. If Sega didn't saw Sonic CD 2011 as an success. Today we would laugh at the idea of Sega pulling a "Mega Man 9" with the "fans". Sonic 4 would probably the best Sega could do.

10. Y'know, I actually have to wonder; If they do indeed go through with delisting all the Steam DLC versions, then what of the whole thing with submitting ROM Hacks to the Sega Genesis Classics Workshop on Steam? Will they get rid of that as well? I just... ugh. Not a fun scenario either ways.

11. I seriously doubt that this works at all... The overwhelming majority of customers do not buy multiple copies of the same game, and even among the hardcore fans, only a few do it. In the grand scheme of things, these extra copies probably represent a very insignificant amount of money for SEGA.

12. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    You're right. I knew saying one thing at all that would set someone off would cause everyone to ignore everything else I said, so I guess I shouldn't have said anything at all.

13. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    Stealth specifically brought this up in the 3&K Remastered race stream he did in 2015 and the answer to that is: Yes he intends to fix this :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 12
    • List
  14. Josh Cristan

Josh Cristan

Excitement for Origins in itself is cool, but yeah, supporting it because it MIGHT lead to a Mania 2 or some kind of Classic sequel is deluded. There was the threat of "support this or you won't get that" all the way back when Sonic 4 was out - only difference now is that Origins isn't shite.

15. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    fixed that for you ;)

16. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Would be cool if Stealth fixes the incomplete secret lower path near the start of Death Egg act 1; which can be accessed with Sonic but you need Tails to carry him in order to rejoin the normal route because there's no way for Sonic to rejoin without falling the down the bottomless pit (a solution was made in 3AIR - a spring was added).

17. Well any hype I had for playing these is kinda tarnished by the stupid decisions that the marketing team at SEGA make. I don't know if I want to buy it now.

They already lost my custom with the Monkey Ball have-to-pay-for-the-original-soundtrack bullshit. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I can't support that.

And you just know it's some clueless marketing suits making these decisions, which ultimately hurt the talent left at SEGA. They should all just band together and oust the buffoons, demand that their work be respected, stop abusing the trust of the fandom, and show them they are actually loosing custom by these cheap mobile-like tactics (talking about things like the pre order spreadsheet). I know that sounds ridiculous in reality though.

This all feels like a step backwards. I thought SEGA where on the up when it came to marketing decisions around the time mania launched. They mostly won back the trust of the fans, and they had good social media presence. Did they forget how hard that was to achieve, do they not see how easily all that hard work can be reversed? They must have got a new team in to try and generate more cash. Whoever they are, they are clueless.

Or maybe these people making these decisions are just giddy off the success of the movies. They ain't that good Sega, don't fuck the franchise up again for a quick buck.

Over dramatic rant over ha

18. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    Square did the same thing with Final Fantasy 6. They delisted the port of the mobile version of FF6 to make way for the pixel remaster.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I'd have to imagine they'd fix that, at least in anniversary mode. I'm actually curious though, will S3K get any other new routes like Sonic 1 and 2 did? I don't really see how since S3K is just loaded level design wise but they know more than I do.

Also will Sonic CD get any new routes, or upgrades in general to bring it more in line with Sonic 1 and 2? Well hopefully we find out more tomorrow when this is potentially streamed a bit

20. McAleeCh

McAleeCh

Oldbie
    At most I'd guess the other games will get the drop-dash added, as from the sneaky glimpse in the trailer it seems to have been added to Sonic 3 & Knuckles. At least I hope they do, anyway - once I got used to it in Mania I found it pretty indispensable, and I'd love to be able to blast through all the classics with it too!