don't click here

Sonic Origins Collection - General Thread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HEDGESMFG, May 27, 2021.

1. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    True, but I don't think they'd have the balls to sell what are pretty much the exact same tracks as the vanilla games as DLC tho, right?
    It's gotta be some actual remixes.

2. Snub-n0zeMunkey

Snub-n0zeMunkey

yo what up Member
    holy shit the animated sequences look so good

3. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Oh boy, the fights that occur because of that placement and Metal Sonic... but that's a topic for another thread.

Well, looks like I'm buying another digital product until they release a Physical edition, same as Sonic Mania. I wonder if we'll get a bonus on Sonic Origins if we own a copy of Sonic Mania on the same platform...

4. astroblema

astroblema

my name means "star wound" Member
    Chile
    It's a secret!
    So... I can't play the games in 16:9 without the coin buillshit?

Looks like I'm gonna keep using the decompilations + AIR with an HDMI cable to to play the original games on my TV primarily, and I *may* buy this anyway to play them on my Switch when I'm on the go.

If we can use Knuckles in Sonic CD, I will buy this no other questions asked.

5. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Damn, what a monkey's paw. The core game in of itself looks fine, but to see that SEGA have learned nothing from the kerfuffle of Colours Ultimate's "DLC" content, which itself was a few .pngs and the reimplementation of three remixes which were so audaciously and arbitrarily carved out of the base game to begin with.

Like for Christ's sake, they're selling us *camera controls*?!

I'm very happy the classics are being kept accessible but holy shit it's transparently malicious and greedy when they pull stunts like this and I can only lament that the passionate devs who must've worked hard on this will have that work tainted by this kind of bullshit.

Anyway, does anyone else feel as though the screenshots on the website and the footage in the trailer looks a little fuzzy? I really hope this game offers filters comparable to Mania.

6. MastaSys

MastaSys

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    "Additional Music Tracks from Mega Drive/Genesis Titles" has me confused. Are they just gonna slap Ristar and Streets of Rage music in here?

Anyway, I'm glad there seems to be more effort than Colors Ultimate (so far as we can tell from a trailer). I'm not sure I want to octuple dip in for Sonic 1 and 2 yet. Need more details.

8. Kobz

Kobz

Down on the Upside Member
    FLA
    Whoa, that's not just any old HPZ featured in the trailer! Thinking some old friends have had more to do with developing this than we might have thought.

9. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    One of the screenshots shows Sonic Spinball music playing, so I imagine it'd be music from the other Genesis Sonic games.

10. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Wondering if HPZ will still be hidden away in Classic mode now (and maybe use the "Proto Palace" layout?)

11. jbr

jbr

They've made the DLC chart far more complicated than it needs to be. There's basically just "Standard" and "Digital deluxe". If you pre-order either, you get the letter box background and some free coins and shit, and you can also opt to buy the music pack by itself if you own standard and don't want to fully upgrade to deluxe. I feel a bit better about all that now I've actually got my head around it.

12. Zigetch

Zigetch

Enjoy this world~ Member
    Georgia
    It just looks completely beautiful and so much more than what I was expecting.

They didn't have to go as far as including new animations just for the games but they totally are.

Thanks to everyone involved <3

13. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
  14. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1516771801556467714?s=20&t=oyEBv-p4HZXAGg6WfzJBRQ

More details from Famitsu:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • List
  15. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Oh shit, just throwing in Spinball as a bonus game, eh?

I wonder if they'll retain the SatAM cameos, considering how they've pretty much been scrubbed from the franchise after the death of the Archie book.

16. MastaSys

MastaSys

The screnshot with the coin monitor makes me hopeful it's something like Shovel Knight.

No real game overs but bad gameplay punishes you by making harder to unlock stuff.

17. Blue Spikeball

Blue Spikeball

I don't think that screen proves Spinball is in. It could be just a mission that pays homage to Spinball.

18. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Sega owns the SatAM characters and Penders owns none of them.

19. astroblema

astroblema

Chile
    It's a secret!
  20. Peri

Peri

Really excited about the new animations - the clips in the trailer look cut from a general intro for when you launch the game. If theyre also doing individual intros for 1, 2, and 3K that adapt the intro stories from the JP manuals, I don't think I could ask for anything more.

Also happy to see the CD intro is gonna be presented in 4:3 with the full image - it really bothered me that the 2011 port was stuck with a cropped version to fill modern screen dimensions. edit: ok i guess it was also cropped like that originally on the mega cd, but STILL

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List