don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. The Joebro64

The Joebro64

SAY HELLO TO MY CHOCOLATE BLEND Member
    I found an image that will terrify Ken Penders.
    upload_2022-4-11_13-57-26.png

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I mean, I figured it might be a bit more than the ten or so he's publicly shown but by the sound of it I'm not far off, so not THAT wrong =P

3. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    That's still an average of like, less than three pages a year since he announced it a decade ago

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. The Claw

The Claw

Then let me follow up with a dumb question. Was he credited in any published comic book following his departure from Sonic?

5. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Oh the pay wasn't stellar. It was a nice bonus here and there.

I mostly quit because he expected me to shut my mouth and not contradict him on all the bullshit he says on Twitter, which is not my style. We argued a few times. Then he accused me of leaking some of his material on Discord (which I don't use), with his only "proof" being that someone said so (and that he was sure of that because the leak originated from France, which is not even the country I live in). So I told him that I stop working for him since the trust is broken. Let me tell you he was not happy I dared telling him off. He continued his accusations, of course.

6. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Truly the paragon of professionalism, with a touch of ignorance thrown in there for good mesure. What a man.

7. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Wow its worse than I thought. What a miserable prick.

8. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I wanna frame this post on a wall. This is going in my "things to quote on future podcast episodes" folder

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Ha !
    Also, his fanboys say I lied and I was "fired", even presented with the conversation where I clearly tell him "I quit" :V

There was also that time, when I contradicted him on some legal stuff, when he told me basically that I had nothing to say because I've never fought in a trial. He had to shut his mouth when I told him my family and I fought in a courtroom for 18 years following the death of my father who was a firefighter.

He has that tendancy to think only HIM has the knowledge of how courts work and will quickly show his dedain to anyone else, especially if you don't agree with him.

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. MH MD

MH MD

i am more surprised by the fact that he has fanboys in the first place

11. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    You'd be surprised by the...concerning number of people supporting and encouraging him everytime he brings up knuckles on his twitter account.
    I'm sure most of them are trolls, but still...

12. Snowbound

Snowbound

Compare the size of Ken Penders fanbase with the fanbase that made the 2nd movie 72 million dollars or the fanbase that has made Flynn and co’s IDW run so successful. Penders talks the way he does on twitter in order to rile his fans up so he can be reminded that he still has fans. So that he can remain in denial that his time at archie was uniquely successful because of HIM and not due to the influence and fanbases of SATAM and the games

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  13. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    If the 2016 has taught me anything, it's that you can't dismiss what seems to be an inexplicable base of support as people simply being ironic.

14. The Claw

The Claw

Outlandish as they might seem now, the Knuckles stories were a whole lot more gripping than the comic's bumbling effort to integrate Sonic Adventure into a world that was in many ways an extension of SatAM.

15. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    TBH, I generally was okay with Penders stories in the late 90s from 96-2001, but he started going off the rails once the main comic hit around issue 100 at the tail end of the Dreamcast's life.

Now he's a total laughing stock and really needs to just disappear from the fandom.

16. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Speaking of fans, one's convinced herself that Penders should get royalties for the movie having Sonic and Tails in the Tornado because Penders wrote a comic adapting Sonic 3 that started with Sonic and Tails in the tornado, and apparently the video games don't have written stories so they don't count.

[​IMG]

17. Starduster

Starduster

Can bench press at least two Sonic the Hedgehogs Member
    Britain
    Fighting my procrastination addiction
    Okay, I know what I just said, but come on, surely that's a bit. Please tell me that's a bit.

18. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I dunno, man, if it's a bit, she's real committed to it, constantly arguing that the games have no "narrative stories", constantly trying to argue that we should give writers and artists the credit they deserve, and even throwing in sassy gifs every now and then.

19. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Up next: Ken Penders claims rights to planes and floating islands.

Oh wait, he kinda has done one of those things already hasn’t he?

20. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

If anything, he should have the rights to Little Planet, since the man's mastered being off in his own little world.