don't click here

The Sonic Merchandise Topic

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Retro_Stew, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Levi Church

Levi Church

Icon art is made by FullmetalDubs Member
    I got a copy today of the Sonic 25th anniversary manga. Specifically part 2, because part 1 was too much money for me.[​IMG]

2. VectorCNC

VectorCNC

CNC Sculpture/Artwork
    I was going to purchase the "Sonic - Mini Icons - Grey Edition" today, from Neamedia Icons, but the shipping was beyond reasonable. The figure itself was $66 CAD, but the shipping was $179 CAD. How can that be? It's 13 cm tall. This has to be a scam, or else an error...

Sonic - Neamedia Icons (neamedia-icons.com)

3. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

4. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I'll see if I can get an answer for you since I'm in talks with them as they've sent me 3 of them to review...

I do seem to recall that the shipping cost on the box they sent to me (based in the UK) was also really high, I think it might be due to insurance. Since they're technically an art company the insurance will be half the price of the actual product.

Another massive factor will be trade rules, since it's coming from the EU economic region and passing into a North American territory it'll likely have some taxes to factor in which are just put on top of the shipping.

But I have asked for you all the same in case it is an error.

Edit: Just had a reply.

That shipping cost IS correct! Apparently it's due to their manufacturing and distribution being in the EU, they didn't elaborate any further on that, just that the shipping cost isn't an error =/

Last edited: Apr 8, 2022
  5. Has anybody had any luck in finding the Sonic Cereal & Fruit Snacks? So far i've checked my local Wal-Mart & Target & both do not have it.

6. itskidchameleon

itskidchameleon

Any toy enthusiasts know when the Rouge the Bat figure from Jakks Pacific is likely to make an appearance in the UK? Spent like £40 getting an Amy Rose from America because she hadn't shown up in the shops and I was worried she never would... and then a few weeks later she showed up in a bunch of places for £10 >_<

Would like to avoid making THAT mistake again if I can :P

7. Roller

Roller

21331 LEGO Ideas Sonic the Hedgehog, Ring Racers (SRB2Kart 2)
    Here. I wouldn't normally quote even part of a post given it's just above, but I figured you'd appreciate the notification.

8. itskidchameleon

itskidchameleon

ah nice, I'll keep an eye out thanks :) literally never seen them actually have stock, but they have a PAGE for it, which is at least somewhat promising

9. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

Oh she's out now!

She's at The Entertainer, literally picked her up 2 days ago!

... ... And that sounds really wrong on so many levels. =p

10. itskidchameleon

itskidchameleon

oh really!? I have one of those here! yessss

11. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

You can do a click and collect, which is how I got mine. They also have the movie toys ahead of Smyths too.

But she's also definitely coming to Smyths so if they don't have her in stock you have a backup.

12. itskidchameleon

itskidchameleon

Heck yeah I got her! Also noticed Eggman for only £11 which is way cheaper than the £30ish I was expecting to pay off eBay - so hopefully he'll still be there next time I have money... cause I'm pretty sure him and Super Sonic are the only figures I have left to get now

Very happy dude right now =)

[​IMG]

13. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

So I've had these for a few weeks...

Please excuse 'that thumbnail' since... well youtube but...

[​IMG]

I'm actually quite surprised at how good these statues are. I've got so many 'classic' sonic and sonic figures doing 'that pose' but... Damn these are some very fine things! At the very least, please watch the chapter called 'The Comparison', because I was utterly shocked at the quality difference when I stood he statue next to what was considered the 'best' in the same category.

Sorry for the quote but figured you'd appreciate the ping if you were still on the fence over these. I've tried to give these a very good look at so if you're still unsure due to the shipping it might give you a better idea as to if they're for you or not.

Also they appeared on the UK Sega Shop, which does suggest they may also start appearing in other regions, I imagine they'll still be a bit pricy but may not be as bad as ordering direct.

14. Knap

Knap

I'm very glad Jakks has been filling that Sonic hole left in the merchandise side of things over here in Canada, I remember finding no toys when TOMY had the license. Probably had a few Jazwares laying around somewhere though. Although, I feel like the movie sort of plays into that in a way. It was pretty popular so I assume they wanted more Sonic toys in stores across the world. Either way, I'm not complaining because at least we are getting them now!

15. Boxer Hockey

Boxer Hockey

I really wanted that B&W Neamedia but the price scared me off a little. ..I'm also just running out of room for these things.

16. itskidchameleon

itskidchameleon

I feel like Jakks Pacific are just better in general at getting their stuff out there too - I live in the UK and literally never saw any Sonic merch when Jazwares had the license - so it seems like getting things in stores outside of the US probably wasn't a priority for them?

17. MrMechanic

MrMechanic

I was writing for TSS at the time and I remember finding out why this was the case.

Jazzwares didn't have their own distribution outside of the US. They had to rely on other distributors and almost nobody wanted to touch it.

About 3/4s of the way though their partnership they finally got their own EU distribution network, but it was painfully bad.

Tomy was the opposite. They had their own global distribution but... just didn't have a priority of time between region releases.

Jakks is similar to Jazzwares, from what I can see they don't have their own distribution, but a combination of Sonics recent popularity and better network relationships, we're seeing stuff come out far quicker than usual.

18. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    What's the best plush of the classic design at a reasonable price?
    I'm not all that into sonic merchandise so total noob question, but I just want a cute sonic for my shelf, and while i do in fact prefer modern sonic's look, the classic design definitely nails the cute factor im looking for, so I'd prefer him.

19. itskidchameleon

itskidchameleon

[​IMG]
    Jakks Pacific do a 7" one with a RRP of $9.99 - can't imagine you'd get more reasonable than that honestly.
    I don't live in the USA though so I have no idea where you'd get one - possibly just Amazon if need be?

20. charcoal

charcoal

Be Cool, Be Wild, and Be Groovy Member
    Awww, he's adorable. And around 15$ on amazon, thanks! I just checked in here cause i wanted to see if there was any specific one that was recommended