don't click here

What would you think about Sonic Pocket Adventure on the Switch?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by RetroJordan91, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    Pocket Adventure is fine, but it'd work best as a bonus to a general DIMPS collection, with the Advance and Rush games (+Colors DS).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    Neo Turf Masters is a must too, it's only a great little port of the Greatest Sports Game Ever Made :)

3. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    lmao you read my mind, that was gonna be the third thing I'd mention but decided to cut it short

4. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    I played Sonic Pocket Adventure almost as much as I played Sonic 2, 3K and CD back in the day, so absolutely. As said before, the level layouts are very different than their Genesis/Mega Drive counterparts, and the bosses are also (mostly) new. To add, the puzzle gimmick adds a whole new layer of level exploration and replay value. To me, Sonic Pocket Adventure is absolutely something every Classic Sonic fan should play through at least once.

5. I think you're over-thinking this, SNK's re-released 3 of their own titles. Sonic Pocket Adventure was co-developed by SNK and Sega so I'd guess that it's pretty low on the priority list for them.

6. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    Co-developed by SNK? I think that means the chances of there being a port means it's possible now. How possible is a different question.

7. RetroJordan91

RetroJordan91

The REAL Blue Sphere Guy Member
    I mean unless SEGA for some reason thinks it’s not worth it, I see it as a good opportunity to sell the game to a broader audience, much like how they worked with Christian to port Sonic CD to consoles and mobile.. a small percentage of people had the game originally and I’m sure SNK knows it will be a top seller.. it can’t hurt to try and get a deal done

8. Vangar

Vangar

I mean it's fine i guess, the art is cute and the puzzle hunting is a nice change. But the resolution is extremely low and the aspect ratio is pretty bad for seeing ahead of you. If they could somehow give the game a wider viewing angle that would be a lot more interesting.

9. JuiceCake

JuiceCake

Nickname: Kolix Member
    I think a person can dream, but not really getting it.... now
    Even if THEY were to realesed this at some point, I can see it doing kinda well
    They also wount know if WE speak "How about this?"
    Its a demanding game, maybe a remaster?

10. With the recent influx of NeoGeo Pocket releases on Switch, I'd be shocked if Pocket Adventure doesn't get a release. I own it for my Pocket Color, but I would love to have it on the Switch especially with savestate support.

11. Shaddy the guy

Shaddy the guy

Professional Internet asshole Member
    OR
    I don't think that'd be shocking at all, Sonic games that aren't 1 and 2 seldom get rereleased at all, and Pocket Adventure is pretty obscure.