don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Actually every time that buddy appears on the loading screen, I misread it as Heavy & Bomb and then get excited (only to be disappointed when I realise my mistake).

2. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

mfw I'm not Anthony Burch.
    [​IMG]

3. Ashura96

Ashura96

HEROIC VERSE Oldbie
    Ah yes, I hit the anniversary of posting my personal favorite line form this game on Facebook.

[​IMG]

4. Physical CD for the Sonic Runners soundtrack confirmed: http://vgmdb.net/album/59908

5. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    thats really all the tracks from the complete OST? I thought they would've added in the remixes or something.

6. Sega has a habit of doing that.

7. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    Nice! So this looks like all the tracks from the current digital albums combined on a physical CD.
    Shame there's no extra bonus tracks, but I'm glad I can own some sort of physical product related to Runners now. At least the music was awesome.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah I'm used to it, Metal gear and Halo do the same thing with their soundtracks I wouldn't give a shit if its a jingle its apart of the soundtrack you put it into the soundtrack.

does anyone know how the process of breaking the file formats the songs are encoded in? hopefully some good news seeing as last I checked file formats for Runners were hard to break.

9. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    The game is a piece of shit. It uses all the tricks of F2P MMOs to keep you playing and spending money. I quit it months ago.

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Anybody got a 100% save? I'm done, I'm sick of the grind and theirs no hope in getting through all of the story in time (currently at 38-2). the APK mod out there doesn't work on my device and nobody's told me how to do that infinite rings glitch.

11. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    The way the game is set up means that if someone gives you their 100% save, then they wont be able to play it any more.
    Also, you can't rewatch the story cutscenes in the 100% save (It just loops on the last epeisode).

12. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Not like there's much of a story there anyway. :v:

13. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    Ehh... The story was very weak, but it was nice seeing more of Sonic's world and in particular the lives of the animal friends. It also cleared up quite a few bits of the Sonic universe (such as Knuckles' guardian duties and the Wisps).

Even though Runners was poorly written, I enjoyed it way more than the Ken Pontac Sonic stories.

The Pontac stories are well written but they feel like generic kiddie fodder and divorced from Sonic. Sonic Runners was poorly written but it had the 'Sonic vibe' from other games (such as Adventure and Battle).

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Doesn't matter, still would've liked to have finished it but thats all moot now.

15. Sir_mihael

Sir_mihael

DON'T TRUST THIS MAN Member
    I liked the wisps acknowledgement, which Lost World was severely lacking, but I wasn't sure how I felt about Knuckles leaving the ME anywhere but Angel Island, not to mention quite happily leaving the animal friends in charge of guarding it.

Then again, this is a character change that goes as far back as Sonic Heroes, when it was decided that Knuckles would just be... 'there', without any actual written reason to be. Felt like it went against his 'stoic, stubborn guardian' character from SA1 and 2.

Agreed though. This story felt more like a classic 'Sonic' story, unlike what we've had since Colors.

As someone who just passed 50-5, I'll tell you now it wasn't worth the hours I put into it.

There's no difference in the levels at all, even right at the end you're still going through the same Speed/Sky/Lava areas, and the 'Final Boss' is just the same generic Eggman fight you've done plenty of times already.
    No change in music either. You're definitely better off just seeing the cutscenes in action on Youtube. Just grab some popcorn and enjoy, give that tapping finger a rest.

Also, not even any kind of End Credits either. (Best you get is the 'scroll-it-yourself' credits in the Options screen.). The game simply gives you the same 'end of level' rewards as before and then kicks you back to 50-1.

You aren't missing anything you haven't already done 200 times over.

16. GameMusic

GameMusic

Personally I rather like this title. It's probably the most faithfully 'Sonic' game Sega has released in a long time, despite the usual thing since they went to 3rd party: 'quality assurance is literally Hitler' - SEGA, probably

I'm determined to get as far as I can.

Do the rest of you have an issue with frequent crashes? Regardless of streamlined mode the game autocloses at random times especially after finishing a level.

I also get a short fraction of a second stop occasionally in level. It especially happens when I hit a goal post which is not so bad, or hitting eggman, which is a serious problem, or randomly in the level, which is frequently lethal. I am not sure if it is internet or too many objects related since either of those are frequent on those occasions.

How do I collect the rings in a loop? I get them occasionally if I hold at the bottom of the loop but the feedback is not clear.

Is this the first Sonic game since Genesis to actually use loops in their role as a momentum check? I feel as though that is worth a note.

17. Felik

Felik

I think to collect the rings in a loop you need to build up speed on a slope first.

18. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Rings in the middle of loops work similarly to those in Unleashed. You need to be running fast (dashing or rolling depending on the character) and you'll pick the Rings up on exit. It's hard to get the speed without a preceeding slope.

19. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I thought the servers for this game closed down already, and yet I still see it in the Play Store.

???

20. KingOfBunnies

KingOfBunnies

Servers close on the 27th.