don't click here

Sonic Heroes something

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by MainMemory, May 29, 2013.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yes. Simply go into the game, start a level via keyboard, then go to control configuration or whatever in settings. Put in what you want and you're good to go

2. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    That is not at all what I asked. First of all, you can change the gamepad controls in the launcher anyway, so the in-game menu is pointless. And again, using a controller makes the camera spin automatically. Even simply plugging the controller in during gameplay causes it to take effect.

What I need is one of these solutions:
    • A fix for the camera glitch
    • A way to change the keyboard mapping

3. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well sorrryyy sir. All I know is, from the few minutes I played using my control input, I experienced no camera problems.

I'm also drunk now, but all I know is that I tried

EDIT: Plus, from a 360 controller, wtf does button 1 - whatever mean anyway?

4. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Whichever button makes "button 1" light up in the Game Controllers dialog.

5. total

total

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*and not a single fuck was given that day*
    ok, nobody cares, I got it. Won't bother you again kthxbai.

6. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Well, I care, but, what am I looking at here? Yet another leftover test stage that doesn't seem like it'd demonstrate even half of the debuggable features? :V

7. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Oh, I thought that was an import for some reason. Just loading level 0 doesn't seem to work, how'd you do that?

8. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    There are some Sonic Heroes stages from the Xbox E3 demo that have never been loaded before. Not every stage is there (0 is there though), but I remember a few. The .ONE format seems a tad different though, so nothing seems to unpack it correctly.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    This looks familiar. Was it also in Shadow?

10. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Total you do realize what happened yesterday right? it was no ordinary day for us to get something like Sonic Boom announced to us, so forgive us if we all didn't see this right away.

11. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I finally finished a .ONE packer/unpacker that I've had sitting here for months, put it on GitHub too just because.
    It's a command line program, so use -u filename [destination] to unpack and -p filenames archive to pack. You can also throw in -n if for some reason you don't want it to automatically (de)compress all the files for you.

12. So someone managed to get Tails playable by himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZFPJhaq53o

No sign of Sonic or Knuckles...

13. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I believe Link's memory editor can do that.

14. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    I think I mentioned this a few times before, but I wanted to bring it up again because MainMemory's ONE unpacker makes it possible to do this finally.

The .ONE archives from the Sonic Heroes E3 demo for Xbox (the earliest proto we have for this game) are just a tad different. The header is mostly the same, but you need to change two bytes at 0xA and two bytes at 0x16 from 03 10 to 00 14. Once you did that, you can unpack it with HeroesONE. If I remember correctly, ONE_Unpk didn't work with this.

Here's a download link to s02.one (Ocean Palace, an unplayable stage in the demo) unpacked. It's just a collection of BSP files. Like the AutoDemo, unfortunately this demo lacks the texture files for any other level besides the two playable. But it seems to carry all the stage models from stage 00 to 10.

I don't have any 3D modeling tools on hand at the moment, so someone should try looking at these.

EDIT: Converting these to OBJ and putting them on p3d.in work great. Wish there were textures though.

15. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Is this specifically for the PC version or is it a general .ONE packer/unpacker. Does this work for the gamecube version or ShTH?

16. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I haven't looked at any files from the GameCube version or Shadow. If they are different, but not too different, it would probably be possible to add support.

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

SonLVL
    I suppose I should note that I've added a "Generations Archive Editor"-like GUI program for .ONE files to the package at the top of the page.

Because of that, Benji from #x-hax on BadnikNET IRC was able to add in substitutions for all the missing animations in Team Super's *_anm.one files so now they are fully playable in all levels:
    http://youtu.be/d28__Ff7pDc
    Download. Extract this to the dvdroot\playmodel directory.

18. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Interesting MainMemory. As I said on the video I'm gonna have to get a legal copy of Heroes because..... well anyway, I probably should have to begin with. As soon as I do though, I'm testing this beauty out. And I should thank Benji, so thank you.

Wish I had something more technical to say. Next step would be seeing if we can make other characters go super since the game calls the Super form flag for them too when Team Super is active if I remember correctly. Sounds like it would probably be complicated though.

19. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Oh hell yes. Gonna be playing the hell out of that. I'd think the next step would be getting the ring drain going, but that'd be a bigger challenge.

Maybe model replacement? I got nothing

20. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    If I recall, the Heroes version of the Renderware engine was pretty strictly programmed, to such a point that actually adding or replacing models seems undoable? You can ADD to existing models, but not actually replace them, I thinkā€¦?
    Additionally, I think most parts of a character are like, their own models, like, a separate model for each eye lid, for example?