don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Sonic 4's homing attack seems to kind of work like that from what I noticed.

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Did anyone else notice you can change the camera angle at the title screen? I only found out a few minutes ago.

Just another reason to love the title screen I suppose.

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    ARGOS UPDATE

Went down at lunch time, after being inside the window for getting the figures - NOTHING. The order was on their system but not even scheduled to be put on a truck for delivery, despite at least one delivery having been made since my phone call to them on Friday - however, as I was there, the screen somehow magically updated so that it WAS assigned to a delivery truck, due in tonight. Funny, that.

I'm going back tomorrow for what will hopefully be the final time. This is beyond ridiculous now.

4. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    I wish they could have used the homing attack from Unleashed 360/PS3. Aside from aiming for targets behind Sonic and not always being able to turn around (in 2D sections) it worked quite nicely and I had no issues with it.

5. corneliab

corneliab

This is the one thing I have a problem with regarding the Colors homing attack. I suppose it simplifies things for the 2D sections, but it's just a pain in the 3D areas. I hated this in Unleashed Wii with a passion, so I'm pretty much baffled as to why it's persisting.

6. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    lol I didn't even notice that you can't lock on to anything off screen, because, you know, it's off screen. I don't understand how this is a big deal. Enlighten me.

7. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

It's just when you know there's something there but you can't home on it. Granted, it's most annoying in 3D areas and especially if you have defeat all the enemies to continue and luckily there's only one such place in Colours (Aquarium Park 6). But still, it doesn't feel right otherwise. The speed, the range and how far upwards you can go with it... I dunno. It's not good. On the flipside, Colours DS has a decent homing attack and though they're always present the stages aren't stuffed full of enemy chains like a certain other 2D title.

8. corneliab

corneliab

It's normally NOT a "big deal", but there are cases where you're facing a handful of enemies (or an all-out swarm, like in one of the AP stages) where you can't attack an enemy, even though they're just a few feet away, because they're off-screen. It's an arbitrary and senseless limitation.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    [​IMG]

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, THEY ACTUALLY DID IT

OK, so I went back today and the same woman who was there yesterday served me - brought the things up on the system, confirmed they'd got them in, and then said "That'll be £30."

Whoooooooooa there cowboy. Hold up. These are preorder bonuses. I'm not paying a fucking penny more than I've given your store already. Which I said, albeit more politely than that. =P She called a manager over who fortunately knew about the offer and forced it through without further questioning of it, and FINALLY I left the store with the things. Ironic that the preorder I placed 2 months ago ISN'T the one that matches these figures - these are the Wii version, by the Nintendo product code on the label, which I preordered only a week or so before the offer was taken down.

£15 each though? Putting aside the fact the figures DO have a notice in red caps lock on the back, saying NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY, there is no way I'd pay £15 for this figure anyway. Happily do so at £5 or 8, but £15? Not a chance.

Oh, yes, the fact they shouldn't even be being sold. Do you think this whole mess has actually got the figure with a NOT TO BE SOLD SEPARATELY notice taken down off the website?

<a href="http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/9281349/Trail/searchtext%3ESONIC+FIGURINE.htm" target="_blank">Nope!</a>

Jesus christ Argos, what the fuck? Was the mountain of complaints that was large enough that your call centres know what people are talking about before they mention product names not enough? The twice-previously mentioned label to NOT SELL IT not a hint? This entire saga has been a fiasco and I hope that the publishers of UK-destined games never so much as ASK Argos about the potential for a preorder deal again, and I know for a fact I'm not bothering with their website for anything I can get elsewhere ever again after this.

At least now I can move on, albiet with 2 products the same, and one with a bent label. >_>

10. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    I personally would've just said "Fuck it" and let them sell the damn things. I only really wanted the games, and now I have them, a free Sonic hat, and a free classic Sonic wrist band. Wow, turns out us 'Mericans got the better deal. :/ I'm not saying you guys certainly weren't justified in your anger—I'd be pissed at being told I get something and then not get it—but they're shitty poseable toys. At least my goofy hat can make people laugh and warm my ears at the same time. :P

Derp. Then again, I like toys and collecting stuff too, so I'm no one to talk. I just haven't bought a single toy or action figure (kit) in about 10 years or less.

Oh, by the way, I beat Sonic Colors DS. It's great. The added incentives of using the Wisps to explore the stages and collect the Red Rings really make a difference in the first-play and replay department. I actually want to replay the game to get all of the emblems and check out the artwork. Also to beat Terminal Velocity and the Nega Wisp Armor Robotnik a few more times. That's gotta be the best damn final boss music I've ever heard in a Sonic game since Sonic 3 & Knuckles or Sonic 2. The bosses were appropriately Rush-y, but very fun, and I was very pleased that DIMPs decided to cut out most of the bottomless pits from their stages. Good work, fellas!

Started playing the Wii version recently and cleared Tropical Resort and Sweet Mountain. For a 3D Sonic game, it's pretty incredible. For a general 3D game, it's fun too. I enjoy the level design very much. What I don't enjoy is the staggered jump, the weighty 3D controls, and some of Sonic's cheap jokes. Baldy McNosehair indeed. The rest of the game is great, though. I'll be enjoying this once the semester is over, or even before that.

11. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I wish Americans got the toys instead of those stupid hats. I probably would have gotten a pre-order if it would have given me free toys. >_>

12. Eric Wright

Eric Wright

Born into this. Oldbie
    most people saw my Sonic 4 video, here's my response to Sonic Colors:

13. Felik

Felik

That guy was you? You, sir, are my hero!

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Okay, I think I finally figured out how to summarise my opinions on this game (Wii version). It's got an over much higher standard quality than previous Sonic games, but it never quite excels in any area apart from graphics and the (too few) cutscenes. It's too basic. Gameplay leaves a lot to be desired in both 2D and 3D, music is really good but is somehow not as good to listen to as it could be, it's so short and the Wisps actually can be kind of tiresome. Ultimately the good parts of Unleashed HD are better, but said game is also bogged down by the same amount of bad parts. Like 'Unleashed daytime levels' > 'Colours' > 'Unleashed nighttime levels'.

Definitely good game, but not a great one because of missed potential. The next game needs to do away with the Unleashed style gameplay. It was a nice diversion, but two games is enough for now. It doesn't have an awful lot to offer. we also need to see the return of more traditional 3D gameplay and a lot less (or no) 2D.

15. corneliab

corneliab

So...

Anyone here have a lower time than 01:04:79 on the first stage? :)

16. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I think the 2D sections often fall short because of the fact that they're not as involving as the classic games, with the momentum physics and more intricate level design. Also no curves, no curves nowhere. It's basically a bunch of floating platforms and stalling. I can see where you're coming from. If they just fixed these things, the 2D sections could get better. Though I don't believe the game should consist of 70 percent 2D. It should be a bit more evenly distributed. This also means that the 3D sections need to be improved on, with more paths and less pits/railroading. I think they're still on the right track, basically. They're just noot quite there yet.

17. Overlord

Overlord

Long-term happiness
    It was more the principle of the thing than anything else. =P I can be a stubborn bastard when I want to be.

Also, the reason I delayed the Wii preorder until the last week was I was hoping somewhere in Britain would do the hat offer =|

Also, Eric - god DAMN you sound like the Nostalgia Critic XD

18. corneliab

corneliab

Pretty much every zone in the game says hello.

19. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator

Can not un-hear.

He just needs to dress like a bum and scream "OH MY GOD THISISTHEGREATEST GAME I've EVER PLAYED IN MY LIFE!

20. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    For about ten seconds, each? I'm just saying, it's mostly block platforming, from what I've seen. And I've seen playthroughs of the entire game, they're few and far between. And those no control sections obviously don't count. :P