don't click here

Sonic Classic Collection

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Sep 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jman2050

jman2050

Teh Sonik Haker Tech Member
    Do I even need to explain why this post is silly?

2. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Tell me about a member here that doesn't have Sonic1/2/3.bin/smd on their storage drives >.>.

3. sasuke

sasuke

You can get half the games in this collection on PSP legally using this.

The emulation isn't as good as Picodrive, but the collection is fun if you do not mind rebuying half of Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (although this came first and has some extra games like Vermilion and Space Fury).

4. I own and love that collection, but not having Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles hurts. :(

I don't.

Ooh, please, I need to hear this one.

6. FollOw

FollOw

The sun sets forever over Black Water Park Oldbie
    Nope, I have been looking for it non stopped...no one seems to want to dump the damn thing..

7. I can tell you guys I'm not paying for this game, and if you own all the originals and any of the collections, I pray you don't pay for it unless you've got plenty of money to blow. No extras. Really? Didn't they promise multiplayer and all that shit?

8. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Even in the special stages? Because with jEnesisDS they look like shit.

Also, I'd love for Sonic to have a nose. I really would. :3

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They didn't promise multiplayer at all. In the way of extras, there's an art gallery which is admittedly pathetic. Andthere was supposed to be a Chronicles video and history of Sonic. Not that they're anything to gawk over either mind you. Reason I'm paying for it is that it's the only legitimate way to play these games on the go nowadays. Nomads aren't common or reliable. And besides that, it's being released as a budget title at £22.50 standard or only £17.99 in loads of other places. It's fair enough really.

10. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    It didn't have one 'cause of the shitty sprite scaling JenesisDS had. It has one now probably =P. Also, no dump yet D:

11. Sonic Warrior TJ

Sonic Warrior TJ

Have an ice time Member
    GA
    I was going to do all that homebrew malarkey to my PSP one day, but then I looked at instructions and couldn't make heads or tails of it. I put whatever program or files I needed on my PSP, but they didn't work, and then I found out you apparently have to go buy a new battery or some bullshit? I dunno, I didn't get it. If somebody can explain it in-a da simple English, then maybe I'll reconsider.

I'd rather just buy Classic Collection, which I probably won't, because I hardly ever use my handhelds anymore. I mean, shit, I'm maybe 30 minutes into Bowser's Inside Story, and have been since October. I'm planning on getting the Gold/Silver remake, but more for the pedometer that I can train my Pokemon in while working at Starbucks, or while running.

tl;dr - I'm no hacker by any means (pretty sure switching SADXPC textures around doesn't count at all), and my DS and PSP aren't as convenient to me as my other consoles. I can play classic Sonic on all but two of them.

12. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Google helps, you know. The Pandora battery can be made, as explained in that post.

13. corneliab

corneliab

I loved Picodrive. If I still had a PSP, I wouldn't be bothering with classic collection.

I strongly recommend against paying full price ($28-30) for the collection though. It's a rather unprofessional package.

14. Innocence

Innocence

(ノ-_-)ノ Member
    According to XXXXXX, this game was dumped by someone named XXXXXX. Now go find the ROM. =P

15. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I downloaded from XXXXXX.

Anyway. Puto WAS right. All the sound in the games is not being emulated and are in separate files with the MODS extension. The Sonic World song is a .wav file. The roms seems to be in the file "Game.pak".

Also:

[​IMG]

Also2:

[​IMG]

I'm liking it a lot, plays ultra fine in No$GBA. No R4+Ysmenu tough. D:

16. Vinsent

Vinsent

[​IMG]
    I suppose this is why JenesisDS hasn't been updated in forever.

17. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    Can you post the ROM? It doesn't seem to be available on XXXXXX.

18. Granville

Granville

US
    Indeed, confirmation that they did use JenesisDS. A hacker over at XXXXXX even found the sonic 3 multiplayer mode hidden in there.

The one weird thing is that the sound is now streaming. There are files when you unpack the roms for the music and sound effects specifically, so it's not using the original Genesis sound driver or music or anything. It reads them from separate files in the rom. This could make rom extracting and swapping tricky. No one has managed to do it yet, it's in a weird format no one knows about apparently...

@Puto:
    Hope this works ok-

ftp://XXXXXX

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    People, get the rom from here:

XXXXXX

Also, no Sonic Chornicles propaganda anywhere.

Also2, lol@mockup:

[​IMG]

ALSO3:

The soundeffect they used for the ring loss in Sonic2 is missing channels!!

20. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    I got it from XXXXXX as well. Runs fine on emulators, but I can't seem to get it to load on my R4. Happy to know that Knuckles in Sonic 3 is just a poorly-named Sonic 3 & Knuckles, though no multiplayer content is a bit of a bitch, surely it wouldn't take much to set up wireless multiplayer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.