don't click here

Oops

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Tweaker, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Come now, do you really think even IF I made a typo that I wouldn't have some sort of backup to resort to?

And maturity has very little to do with how I make an announcement. I'd be more inclined to think that you're the immature one who can't handle a simple 10 posts to prove they aren't an idiot and contribute to the community you're a part of. But I guess I had too much faith in our userbase, then.

;)

2. Hey, I thought it was damn funny. And anyway, I think re-taking the test was a good thing for me - I was pleased to find out how much I knew off the top of my head, and while researching the answers to what I didn't already know, I found a few little factoids of interest. Plus, if I couldn't pass the test now, you could say my having passed it the first time was an accident. : P

3. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    When I first saw what had happened I was think well crap...isn't that just lovely. Then I realized he was just joking around instead of being like a dictator saying "I am evil! You must retest now or go to the chambers!!" Thankfully I passed once again with just a tad bit of help. Well if anything, this helps to keep those spam-bots out that just post utter nonsense.

4. Neo Majin

Neo Majin

New England / Virginia
    Very little thanks to poor computer access
    Hm, the more advanced test was harder than I expected. (Though it didn't help that I somehow missed a question the first time around)

I suppose there was a growing trend of stupidity and such, though it seems like quite an extreme maneuver.

5. Sith

Sith

The molotov bitch Member
    The advanced test is for ppl with hacking knowledge so don't expect a smooth ride if you don't hack.

6. Neo Majin

Neo Majin

New England / Virginia
    I do hack...

Well, I did when I was on a computer capable of hacking, anyway. (The one I'm stuck with now is too unstable and slow)

7. hxc

hxc

spotteddove Researcher
    I found the basic research test suprisingly hard. Goes to show how little I pay attention to most things around here :)

8. Neo Majin

Neo Majin

New England / Virginia
    When I first joined here, the test was a math problem and had nothing to do with Sonic research. I think it was a good move on the staff's part to make the test related to the board... make people read into the subject before they jump in with "Wow! I found HPZ in Sonic 2 Beta!" or something.

9. C. Shyguy

C. Shyguy

I took the easiest of the easy (the research). I was almost inclined to take a harder one, but then realized I know almost nothing of complicated hacking.

10. Icy Guy

Icy Guy

Hedgehog. Sonic the Hedgehog. Member
    California
    GoldenEye 007 level hack
    I "copped out" and took the "easy"/Research quiz, just to see if I've still got it - I haven't visited here in so long.

This is all because Tweaker posted on the VGMix boards right after I did. Hmph.

EDIT: "cleanout"? GET ON ZEE BUS.

11. Evil Cheese

Evil Cheese

..... Member
    Well imagine my surprise when I logged in to the forum today. I re-took the test with little trouble (the new one is much better btw). I doubt I'll burn through my trail posts anytime soon as I mostly lurk here anyway.

12. Mr. Fox

Mr. Fox

I was a bit angry having to show that I'm worthy one more time. But, as Simon stated many times there's no democracy here. Oh, well.

But the funny things is that the n00bs are still coming, maybe not as many as before though.

P.S. There's a damn huge hint to the research test. Read the ICEKnight's website. The test is mostly based on his interviews with developers.

13. Kamek

Kamek

Magikoopa Member
    I was a little miffed, but overall I didn't mind taking the test again. The technical test was a little challenging, but I learned some new stuff, so that's good.

I wonder what the advanced technical test will look like... :shocked:

14. Aurochs

Aurochs

Единый, могучий Советский Союз! Tech Member
    Whatever catches my fancy
    Work on the advanced technical test has stalled pending decreased laziness quotient among the site's technorati. So that may take a while there.

15. BlazyNights

BlazyNights

Too lazy to learn ASM since '06 Member
    {Content removed by user}

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
  16. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I merged your accounts back together and put you in Research trial.

17. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Uh oh. The board was nuked. Oops.

-Watch for Fallout!-