don't click here

Mad Catz gets NA rights to Sonic accessories

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Sep 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    What Tweaker just said = WIN XD

Anyway though, I don't really know what to say about Mad Catz's products. Most of my Genesis Mad Catz products are actually pretty good. It seems a lot of their older products were better in qulaity than some of the ones they have today. (Example: Gameshark SP. My first one lasted almost a year and a half, while my second lasted only about 2 weeks, my third one remains in my bedroom closet unopened. This is probably just wear and tear though.)

I can't wait to see what kind of good shit they release this time!

2. I'm not looking forward to MadCatz's take, but hey, I guess something is better than nothing. I would like to see a Genesis-style controller, of course, since I've never owned said system and would like to experience Needlemouse in that fashion.

EDIT: Removed irrelevant text.

3. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    ^ This. Mad Catz hardware blows and I see this only as another opportunity for Sonic to suck more giant cock.

4. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    I had a mad catz PS2 pad. The D-Pad fell off. I was not pleased.

5. Skaarg

Skaarg

I've never had a Mad Catz product I've liked so I doubt I'll like anything they put out here soon.

6. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    This. Incidentally, it's basically what Tweaker said. :3

7. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    When I first read the topic title, I thought Sega went batshit and sold the whole rights for Sonic to Mad Catz. Thank god (or not?), that's not the case. Misleading thread name, IMO.

HAHAHAHA How did that happen?

8. Squints

Squints

All souped-up. And DESECRATED! Member
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    RIIIIIIIIIIDGE RACERRRRRRRRRRRR
    I have an old Mad Catz N64 controller that the joystick spontaneously broke off, though I wasn't there when it happened so I have a feeling other forces may have been at work. I have a GC MicroCon that still works perfectly, but the feel is weird and, as you might expect given the name, it's a bit small. I heard their Rock Band stuff is supposed to be really good, and I have a friend with a cymbal set, but I haven't had any luck; all the sets I got were broken.

So I'm pretty much neutral on this.

9. Glisp

Glisp

That one weird guy that does stuff. Member
    Bloomington, IN
    None at the moment I'm afraid.
    Ah, the Microcon Controller...... The A button on mine kept sticking from overuse and when I tried to fix it the spring came loose and was lost somwhere inside the controller. Basically it allows you to input multiple button strokes into one button. (The M button opposite to the Z button) I once used this to beat the Metal Overlord fight in Sonic in about 3 minutes. It was TOTALLY EPIC!

Basically I made the M button press the A B and Y buttons Simultaniously and interestingly enough it causes some very freaky and awesome things to happen in fly formation! It will charge team blast by about 30%! FUCKING AWESOME IF YOU ASK ME! There are some minor problem with Team Dark though. If it charges too much with Team Dark for some reason, the Team Blast gauge freezes in the empty position and stays that way until the level ends or you die.

Here's how it works: Press the button below the start button and a red light should come on inside the button. Press the M button and input the buttons you want to use. The Red light should be flashing press it again and then press the M button and the fun shold begin. Now I may have got the exact procedure wrong since it has been at least 3 years since I last played using it since it has been broken. Oh well, it should be pretty easy to figure out on your own though. Have fun! =P

10. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    I had a MadCatz N64 controller.

It fucking exploded. I pressed the analog stick sharply to the side, and the case around it cracked and exploded in a flurry of plastic.

This has resulted in something of a bias against MadCatz products.

11. Mad Cats made horrible GC controllers/Memory cards.

Every controller I used from them broke, and every memory card got corrupted.

Still have a Pelican GC controller that works fine.

Never again.

12. Ironically, anything that I've had of Pelican is of the absolute worst quality.

I have one of the Mad Catz Microcon Controllers. It was pretty cool at first but then 3 weeks later it decided that you can play with it for a bit until it resets the entire Gamecube. I have no idea how or why but to this day it bugs out my GC.

13. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    My Mad Catz GCN controller still works fine. It had fray wires in the cable when I got it off eBay, fixed those; the black side palm-pads fell out, duct tape + purple paint.

14. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    My mad katz DC controller still works, has rubber grips too :P

15. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    The only MadCatz item I ever had was a memory card for the Dreamcast I used to own. The bastard didn't even have a screen, so I never got to play Chao Adventure. :argh:

16. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    Chao Adventure was a huge highlight of my school years, I finished in 2000 but when the DC was out and SA1 was the new hotness everyone had a VMU and a chao to battle, was fucking awesome :colbert:

I had a friend who even spent £20 on a vmu even though he did not own a DC, just so he could raise a chao on my console and take it with him.

I also use to have games from the internet on mine like motherfucking tetris, use to play it when I did not do P.E due to some foot problems I had.

17. GameboyHero

GameboyHero

The amount of bullshit he has to deal with...poor Member
    TX
    Strange, the 16x memory card I bought has lasted me for almost 3-5 years. Though their 4x memory card did fucked up on me every now and then.

18. Andeh

Andeh

Derp herp. Oldbie
    PS2 Microcon controller is the best third party controller.

19. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I have like 3 broken mad catz DC controllers under my bed, but I guess they're broken because of the abuse they got when me and my friends played Quake 3.
    Although, their gamecube controllers seem to work well, especially after the button-mashing they got from super smash bros.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    In my experience, third party peripherials are rarely any good. Only a couple of exceptions to this rule.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.