don't click here

Hasbro Is Bringing Back Tiger Electronics' Handheld LCD Games - includes Sonic 3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Agobue, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Powpuck

Powpuck

I kinda get their appeal in a funko pop sort of way; they are small 3 dimensional (in a sense) objects to display on a shelf, and they tie into properties that no longer--or never really had--that much representation as tchotchkes.

And, unlike funko pop figures, they typically come with bezels adorned with official art and production photos. So they arguably look better than funko pops (big feat, that).

It would be disingenuous of me to say I wouldn't at least be tempted to pick up a Tiger Beetlejuice or Taz-Mania handhelds, since those are properties from my nascent years that don't exist these days. In a sense, this is also true for Sonic 3.

They're still shit.

2. Agobue

Agobue

Yes, you must consume these products, like a good consoomer. Buy buy buy... spend spend spend...

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I might have to dig my Sonic LCD games out and be hip and trendy =P

4. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I forget which sonic game it was but all I remember is the several seconds long high pitch beeping used for the music and it was really really really really really repetitive

5. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I don't really care why they're doing this. I'm grabbing the Sonic 3 one.

I missed out the first time around and most of the time I'd find a tiger game I could play (kid play areas), the batteries would be dead.