don't click here

Halloween 2014: Let's Go Emerald Hunting

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Cinossu, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I still haven't found a single Emerald, despite resetting over and over (see: my f-rank count). Are they hidden somewhere in the post itself, or are they just not showing up for me for some reason?

Would really like an answer...

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They show up just sitting somewhere across a particular post. You can't miss 'em, unless they're not showing up.

EDIT: OMG I'm SO HAPPY! 01:45:97
    [​IMG]

Tech hoaxes/Trash/Members Lounge

3. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    It's been fun watching this being made (and some tests, see my number of F ranks =P). The two non-F ranks in my profile acre actually genuine though :)

4. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    [​IMG]
    So this is bad, then.

5. Crasher

Crasher

Why hello there! Member
  6. Hahaha! Very nicely done! It's quite impressive and it got a few chuckles out of me. Definitely had more fun with this than the levels it's based on.

7. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    This is seriously cool, I love it! The previous halloween things have all been fantastic, but this is my favourite :)

I think it hates me though - it keeps putting the emeralds in topics that have around 150-200 pages (and then one showed up in the Happy Birthday topic, so needless to say I got an F Rank there =P).

8. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member

Awww. :(/>

Ah well, Happy Halloween everybody!

Edit: Oh my, I just re-read it and now I feel like an idiot. :I Heh, whoops. Sorry!

9. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Ah, tried it on Chrome and it ran. Still haven't found a single emerald though. :P

10. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
  11. gold lightning

gold lightning

this was one attempt ago
    [​IMG]

I don't even know how the fuck I pulled that off. :psyduck:

12. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    Oh hey I just noticed theres a stats button

Gee, sure got alot of them "A" and "F"

And for every F was a ragequit from "Members Lounge"

13. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    Last go had an emerald north of page 70 in the Members Lounge

My heart drops when I mouse over that forum and the indicator goes off...

14. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Cinossu I love ya buddy and this is a great idea, but unfornately my POS computer can't handle it its shooting up the mem. usage like crazy so I'm gonna need to know how to shut it off.

Will this be available via cheats in the future? I'd like to give it a shot this weekend when I'm on my brothers computer.

EDIT: Oh okay so if you take out the "/emerald_huntin/" part of the url I can view the forum normally, sweet.

15. Vangar

Vangar

Hehe this is awesome

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yeah, it's only mandatory on the first log in. After that, it's all optional.

17. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I had to close it from performance issues myself, (32-bit Firefox a culprit? Using Windows 8, so I haven't found an unofficial 64-bit build to use yet.) but man did I get a good laugh hearing the music, seeing the timer, and the HUD; scrambled to tell every Retro friend I have on Skype about it the minute I closed the mini-game. I think I'd have sunk a good half-hour into messing around with it if the CPU usage wasn't through the roof.

Nicely done, as always, Cinossu, I thought last year's Halloween gag couldn't be topped. :v: You guys at Retro always know how to make Halloween extra special.

18. FlackoWeasel

FlackoWeasel

Blue cheese lover! Member
    I had same thing happening before. Weird was that the emerald was in another place than the red area. I also thought the emerald was hidden, like you have to "click" to dig or something. Clicked like 10 minutes lol.

19. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    I just got a Transformer Book, and aside from the touchscreen being a terrible interface for playing this, it seemed to run just fine. I believe it runs x86 Windows 8.1.

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    .. well, that's an interesting development. I found out the cause of everyone's emerald-disappearing thing. People's signatures breaking the div tags of the forum. Ha ha ha ha.. ha.. This might take a little time to find a solution for, but there will be one.