Weird Thing just happened

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by manderc3, Jul 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I went on level select and choose emerald hill zone or green hill zone whatever they call it on Beta and I activated Debug Mode. Well any way half way through the Level I noticed that vertical 4 rings in a row thing everywhere. And at the time I was not a item or anything just Sonic and the weird thing what happened was that when I jumped into it, it made the sound when you hit a checkpoint. Here is a screenshot of it.
    [​IMG]
    I have also made a savestate of it you can get it here

And another thing was when I was going through the items in debug I think I discovered another checkpoint. It may just be the 2nd Prototype one but I made a pic of what it looked like.
    [​IMG]

Just posted it, just incase

2. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Yeah, that has happened to me lots of times. I don't know what the cause of it is, though. =P

3. Mase

Mase

On Sonic 3, these objects are everywhere. You can even place them with debug! They have no obvious effect though.

4. oh so it happens to everyone :blink:

5. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    And remember, you're only playing the BETA version. Don't forget that!

6. Mase

Mase

I don't think they've ever been explained.

7. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    The vertical rings are just "marks" that programmers use to see the various "triggers" in debug mode. In this case it's a trigger to switch Sonic between the front and back layer of the loop.

Other than vertical rings, sometimes you'd also see a group of life boxes or question marks in certain places.

I don't know what this [​IMG] is however.

8. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    That check point thing looks more like a flashing sign of some kind... also reminds me of a monitor on a pole.

9. yea I found it quite weird, but I also thought that I could have been a fuck up glitchy version of the pole discovered on the beta But the bottom part of it seems fine, and don't look nothing like it :blink:

10. Mase

Mase

Ban Chris Mander!

11. Slypher

Slypher

A proud member here since May 25, 2003. Member
    That checkpoint ,I think is just the checkpoint that was in the beta I saw that before and its in the same place where the beta checkpoint is and the other checkpoint is gone, It also looks more like a disfigured sign that you see in the end of the level.But that's what I think, it acts like a checkpoint but when I found that I thought it was a glitch, well that was what just how it was like when I saw it.=p

12. Esrael

Esrael

Neto Tech Member
    Brazil, São Paulo, Guarulhos
    Neto Assembler Editor / Sonic 2 Delta / Neto MD-DOS
    This is a Lamp Post with end level Signal Sprites.

13. why should I be banned <_< ??

14. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    'Cause u were bein' vulgar:

U said the "F" word ( :o *gasp!* :o )- Maybe Mase doesn't like you! :P

BTW, maybe you should study a grammer book, Chris.

15. Simon

Simon

Oldbie
    Swearing is allowed here, 'cause censorship sucks and I honor freedom of speech. Now if someone is yelling "fuck" 30 times randomly... that'd be a different story.

16. thanks simon :lol:. You see I came from a place called kissdbzforums.com where there is loads of swearing :P

17. Mase

Mase

I could have swore that somewhere it said you can say anything but f--- and sh—

18. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Actually, now that I thought of it, I never even saw anywhere that said you couldn't curse. Except for Simon's post above...

19. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    I know that, I tried piecing it together after I saw this thread, but was never able to post the sprite of it(can't right now, on other machine), or even post I did it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.