don't click here

THE KEN PENDERS CHRONICLES: a man you Ken DePenders on

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by The KKM, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    you must at least appreciate the sheer DOWNFALL this "professional" has come; the point is shit on this level should not be publicized. There's a divide (at least there SHOULD BE) between amateur and professional, in that in theory the professional SHOULD know what he's doing. Desipte having the label, Penders utterly lacks--nay, his work DENOUNCES the qualities.

And the fact he went through the trouble to file suit on his intellectual property he had liscenced out to a LISCENCED PRODUCT, he deserves the criticism.

That said, we probably shouldnt be giving him attention. But its so hard not to :U

2. Tylinos

Tylinos

https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/648370053063151616

[quotename="Ken Penders"]Looks like there's trouble in paradise. Things are about to get explosive and wait'll everyone finds out why.[/quote]

Probably going to turn out to be nothing big (since Ken tends to blow this stuff out of proportion a bit), but worth mentioning in case it's actually something. Just taking a stab in the dark, I'd guess he probably learned something that's going to set back his plans for TL-SC a bit, as if it hasn't already been delayed half a dozen times. ("COMING SOON IN 2012")

Or maybe Anthony Mackie actually sued him. That'd be interesting, at least.

3. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    dunno, that reads to me more like he's saying something bad happened somewhere else. Like "ooh I just discovered this and that happened in archie AND YOU'LL LOVE IT"

4. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    So... is he going to elaborate or is he just going to be an a[inlinespoiler]sshol[/inlinespoiler]e as usual and leave us hanging? Unless this is a stunt to draw attention to his twitter...

5. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I thought everything he does is a stunt. remember Gay Rotor?
    At some point I hope he realizes every mistake he's made. that recent cover tease is just awful.

6. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    [quotename="Ken Penders"]Looks like there's trouble in paradise. Things are about to get explosive and wait'll everyone finds out why.[/quote]
    wait'll? This guy got paid to write?

7. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    wait'll? This guy got paid to write?
    [/quote]

When Penders wrote issues of Sonic, you knew. Even if you didn't read the staff box, you could tell which issues he wrote from his weird word contactions and made up slang. Dat slang. Awful.

Occasionally he stumbled on illiteration that sounds pretty good, though. "You're evading my point" is one I've broken out in a couple conversations.

But yeah. Generally pretty bad.

8. Blivsey

Blivsey

[​IMG]

"Format limitations"? You had thirty-one characters left in your tweet. Fuck off.

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Probably going to turn out to be nothing big (since Ken tends to blow this stuff out of proportion a bit), but worth mentioning in case it's actually something. Just taking a stab in the dark, I'd guess he probably learned something that's going to set back his plans for TL-SC a bit, as if it hasn't already been delayed half a dozen times. ("COMING SOON IN 2012")

Or maybe Anthony Mackie actually sued him. That'd be interesting, at least.[/quote]My interpretation is that he's talking about an early-story plot event where the paradise planet EXPLODES and forces everyone into the plot proper.

Because, I dunno, Penders's repeated Sonic movie pitches apparently involved blowing up Earth/Mobius/Freedom/Sonic's Planet/etc. IIRC, so I wouldn't put it past him.

10. Tylinos

Tylinos

Of all the stuff you could criticize him for, you go after "wait'll"? Come on, guys. It's just slang on Twitter. His reason for using it was dumb and made no sense, but going after him for it was pretty nitpicky.

11. ...

"Wait'll" is something people actually say. Slam Penders if you want for putting it into text, but it's actual slang. =/

12. Blivsey

Blivsey

I was gonna counter that by saying that a normal way to shorten "wait until" would be "wait 'till", but I realize it might just be that I've never heard this particular slang before, so I've decided to concede the point.

But it's all okay, because eight hours later, Ken has decided to make our conversation about this instead.

13. Tylinos

Tylinos

14. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    I'm guessing he's referring either to this: https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/649355492762914816

Or a rumor some site posted lately that Archie laid off a fifth of their office, which had no source. That comes from this site. http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/09/28/archie-comics-loses-a-fifth-of-their-staff/

15. Chimera

Chimera

I'm not a furry. Tech Member
    Castlevania prettyness
    Is this some kind of "told you so" mentality or something? Does he think hes really that great?

And whats with his vindiction? "I cant wait for them to reprint this so I get money!" Way to be a douche. Yeah we get it you put them in a legal problem. don't rub it in everyones faces; CUSTOMERS aren't exactly happy with all this shit!

that being said, really guys? "wait'll" being criticized? way to potshot someone just for being a human being. Yeah his EXCUSES are stupid but we don't need to be fox news reporters who continuously dehumanize someone for unwarrented reasons. His cockyness deserves to pe poked at. don't slap people for slang or your acting as much as a douche as people who make fun of 'yall (even though that is silly)

16. Cyberguy

Cyberguy

I am the Chancellor of Clown Cars! Member
    I wouldn't have had a problem with his abbreviation if he hadn't acted like it was a problem that was actually twitter's fault. The man can do no wrong in his own eyes, even if he actually did no wrong.

17. Lilly

Lilly

United States
    Shang Mu Architect
    I think Blivsey's point was more about the way Ken usually mangles words in more ways than American/British English/Chaucer has over the years. Still, both formal and informal language can be grammatically correct, as long as you're careful not to switch between the two indiscriminately. (You wouldn't start a formal wedding invitation with "HOWDY Y'ALL", or mix superfluous words with slang in a casual conversation with family.)

Beyond his Eng'la'ish, I'm still concerned over the sheer awfulness that was his teaser cover. Even for him, tracing over a guy's face is a new low. I liked it better when he was (badly) drawing Sonic-like characters, because at least that was the funny kind of cringe-worthy.

18. So, Ian Flynn published his Lost Hedgehog Tales chapter 1 today.

And as a response, this happened:

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    That link appears to be broken. Here's another link to the post: https://twitter.com/KenPenders/status/660473829404205057

Oh Penders, you cheeky cunt.

20. Tylinos

Tylinos

He's just vying for attention again. (And succeeding at getting it.) Anyone with any legitimate concerns would've told Ian to stop a while ago, since he's been openly talking about LHT for two years. Archie and Sega clearly don't care, and Ken doesn't seem to be talking about himself. The only one left would be, what, the judge? Unless Ian's breaking a legal-related NDA (and I really don't think he'd do that), there's not much else that could be related. And if Ken still actually thinks he knows something more about other parties who might be worried, he'd do better to stop playing the cryptic riddles game for the second time in a month and just outright say it, since Ian probably doesn't know any more than we do there. It's been more than a day since Ken started stirring up trouble, and Ian hasn't removed LHT, so he really doesn't seem all that concerned.