don't click here

Super Monkey Ball Wii advertised with...bananas.

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by OSM, Jan 21, 2010.

1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    http://kotaku.com/5452204/super-monkey-bal...-promotion-ever

They were actually able to get a piece of fruit to help marketing. God damn, SEGA. Nice job. :thumbsup:

2. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Haha, nice. I feel like that's something Nintendo would have done with Donkey Kong.

3. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Hey honey, check out this game! It's great! I heard about it from a banana! :specialed:

4. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    Maybe if they actually cared about Donkey Kong one bit, which they apparently don't. :(

I find this odd because I thought Dole was always the main sponsor for Monkey Ball? At least that's what I recall from Super Monkey Ball 2. This is pretty cool though, I guess.

5. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Nintendo doesn't give two shits about DK, he's just an off spin character with history tagged onto him. I seriously doubt we'll ever get a serious DK game ever again, or at least in this console generation. It's sad, but, in this day and age only particular franchise names sell, and DK is more of the type you would just look at the shelf and go "oh cool."

6. Bartman3010

Bartman3010

Site Staff
    PC2 is right. Super Monkey Ball 1 and 2 had Dole Branded bananas as pick ups. I'm bummed that every game after that, and Super Monkey Ball DX omitted the branded bananas.

Still, I need some bananas, I'll keep an eye out. Though I doubt I'll ever see these ads...

7. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    LOL

On an ontopic note, I don't play Super Monkey Ball all that much. (Last game of that I played was...Adventure, was it? It was on the PSP anyway), and I'm not a big fan of those games where you tilt the course to move (maybe if they had better friction so you wouldn't fall off when trying to brake <_< Or maybe Super Monkey Ball has fixed that in some games)

Back offtopic, anyone notice that Super Monkey Ball has the same acronym as Super Mario Bros.? :psyduck: