don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Mar 18, 2011.

1. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Oh, I know. I'm just glad it's not a problem on my end. I'll wait patiently for any further fixes Hez puts out when he gets around to it.

2. I got to the final level and it got stuck at this screen:

[​IMG]

It won't move past it, even when I quit and tried loading it again. It's just stuck at this screen.

On another note, the ending of Luster Lake Zone Act 1 with the bottomless pit sucked. I lost about 5 lives there.

3. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Hez this is a good fan game from what I've played so far. Out of all the fan games I've played, this is one out of 3 fan games that I consider to have decent playability. Nice work.

I am baffled at this comment because I've just played up to Luster Lake and I think the level design is fine and found going through levels a breeze. My only issue with level design is multiple S bends that go straight into walls in Crystal Caverns.

4. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Yeah, I had this problem too.

5. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I redid the signpost programming and I'm guessing it's causing all these problems. I am litterally hitting myself for this. I'll most likely in the next ten minutes release a fixed last level....

EDIT: It was seriously a problem fixed by moving the god damn sign post in that level 3 pixels down...I want to rape children right now. Redownload for the last time, I promise.

And on the note of level design, I in no way mean to be a dick right now, but from day one I never mean't to please you with this game Tweaker. We simply have different tastes in level design. I havent ever played past the second level of megamix simply because I hated the level design so much, its all about speed. We both are on different spectrums of level design. I like platforming more, and you are more about speed. I have a feeling you will reply with something along the lines of "I have a smooth mix of both platforming and speed" but I'll beg to disagree and that's my final statement.

6. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    Playing through this I only have a few complaints, besides the aforementioned no-saving one. One, the drowning time is a little too harsh. This made Luster Lake in particular very frustrating. Speaking of luster lake, it's not always self explanatory where you need to go, maybe some arrow signs would help. (I ended up at a light blue switch with no idea where to go from there, and after a while of looking around I accidentally found my way through what looked like a wall) And finally, the few cheap deaths, like the completely-out-of-nowhere crushers in the second level.

Aside from that, very nice game Hez. It's giving me nostalgia from the first time I played the original Sonics, looking forward to future releases!

7. Skidd

Skidd

yeah, doing the same thing that it was doing earlier... "Invalid file"... I got the music to download, but the other two files aren't connected it seems...

8. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    There were plenty of air bubbles in Luster Lake to keep yourself from drowning. Water levels always make me go "FUUUUUUCK", but I enjoyed Luster Lake. The only time I was ever annoyed was when I'd be waiting for an air bubble, going "OH FUCK OH FUCK AIR BUBBLE AIR BUBBLE" only to die and as I fall off the screen a fucking air bubbles rises to taunt my dead ass.

9. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Neither of the links work now... sad day :(

10. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    My fucking internet fucking went out again AT FUCKING 98 PERCENT UPLOADED. I FUCKING HATE MEDIACOM.

11. Skidd

Skidd

oooooh. I hate internet problems... been having an intermittent lag issue all day and no idea why... I just hope it wasn't my stuff I have connected.
    EDIT:

after reading everyones reviews/comments.... I really wanna see this game :) looks to be one of those fan games that tops some of the "real" games :p

12. Fuzedknight

Fuzedknight

Epic Gnome Time! Member
    What a shame that the links keep breaking, was hoping to take this for a spin tonight but I guess it can wait. Hopefully you can figure out the issue soon, I am boiling over with excitement from watching your fangame's progress and comments since I joined Sonic Retro. :specialed:.

13. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Well I'm using my phone to post right now. No signs of connection yet. Hopefully early tomorrow I can upload the fixed final boss. I'm so incredibly angry right now

14. Felik

Felik

So is anybody going to mirror it or something?

15. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    Once he gets his net working again and uploads a fixed version.

16. Overbound

Overbound

Iowa
    Sonic Time Twisted Creator
    Fuck Iowa and Mediacom's local monoploy. Their service is shit and they don't give a damn because we don't have much choice.

17. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    http://www.mediafire.com/?3a0y06i4fqiqq1b Got the no music version fix uploaded. 15 more min for the file with music included to be uploaded.

EDIT: http://www.mediafire.com/?q5ccs9za13p2bvt for the full. Finally fixed. I am seriously embarressed about the whole mix up.

Also, on the saving note. The problem most likely is not the game, but your computer settings. I found that when I installed it to my other computer I have that I was encountering the same problems. I had to change some things around to let the program delete and create files. The INI is overwritten when the game is restarted. Saving works fine for me now.

18. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    ..Right, I forgot how much your final boss rapes my + - ringless   shit.

19. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Downloading this very moment. Can't wait to get my hands on this game after all this time!!

20. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Will download and mirror.