don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Cinematic Universe Thread (& Knuckles)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, May 28, 2020.

1. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I was getting more and more anxious as the trailer was rolling by, but the moment Knuckles' full face graced the screen and he spoke, it broke me. The Sonic 3 callbacks too... like snowboarding and fighting in what looks to be Ice Cap.

I just broke down. That little kid inside who first played Sonic on a bulky old PC 20 years ago just flooded out. That feeling of being that kid again seeing Knuckles, who is still my favorite character, take Sonic out with one punch was... unlike any feeling I've ever had up to this point.

I may as well have been convulsing because I couldn't help myself. This trailer alone did Sonic 3 AND Knuckles justice for all the years of being put on the back burner as if neither of them mattered to this series, when in fact, it is because of them that it was propelled to where it is now. Greatest birthday present of my life. For how much Sonic 3 means to me, it was no coincidence it would premiere the day after my birthday. I'm looking forward to opening night.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Clearly, it will be a giant round space station that is clearly not meant to be the Death St-er-Egg.

Actually, there is a seventh Infinity Gem.

3. Poor Tails, my mans is always upstaged by someone else.

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't think that Image crossover was ever finished. Bit while it certainly isn't canon, yes, there is a seventh one. I think it was Ego or something.

5. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    According to Wikipedia, the infinity gems beyond the sixth (Ego, Rhythm, Build, Death, Continuity) belong to "crossover media and alternate universes". I do admit that I didn't know about them, though. I am more familiar with the six infinity stones from the MCU.

Now let's go back to Sonic before we get called out for topic derailing :U

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  6. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
  7. corneliab

corneliab

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ya he really does seem to care about the series, original design aside. And he learned from the mistake and now this one looks amazing as a result.

9. Flare

Flare

Jeff really does know his stuff, I assume a lot from the beginning. (Who knows how much studio interference there was), but certainly listening to him talk about the film (the first and now the second) I think he has a big knowledge base in his head now of the series which is amazing and truly what the series needs.

I think he definitely just learnt more about the fans during the creation of the first film haha.

10. Knucklez

Knucklez

And when someone cares about it, they pour their love into it. We need more of that love, in everything, we really do. We all win in the end as a result.

I wonder if there's another post-credits scene like the first movie had. I wonder if they are as much if not more confident to have added one this time around as well.

11. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    100% sure there will be a post-credits scene. They used to be rare before Iron Man happened, now not having at least one is what's rare. Every time I go to a theater, first thing I do once the credits start is grab my phone and google how many pcs there are.

12. Knucklez

Knucklez

I know we shouldn't jump into a speculative discussion, but I can totally see another post-credits scene with another in-your-face character reveal like Tails' OR something that is a blatant tease without showing the character.

For instance, after Jim Carrey *cough* Robotnik is defeated, he's shown looking over blueprints of creating Metal Sonic.

Another is the Master Emerald's energy having caused a disturbance throughout, causing Shadow to sense it wherever he may be... awakening him or something... I don't know.

Maybe Amy could be introduced... stalking Sonic. Then in the actual 3rd film she gets kidnapped by Metal and Sonic has to collect the Emeralds and go Super in order to defeat him and save her?

I'm getting ahead of myself here. Too excited. Good night everyone.

13. Sid Starkiller

Sid Starkiller

Virginia, USA
    Paying off student loans
    If Amy is in, I'd rather it be her first meeting with Sonic, if nothing else than because he's been on Earth for 10 years and thus out of contact with any of his kind.

14. Nope

Nope

I didn't love the first movie...it's more interesting as a conversation piece to me than anything. But the second one already looks far more exciting than the previous one. An action packed, globe trotting adventure with actual Sonic characters involved is just what a Sonic movie needed to be. Knuckles was really awesome too

I have to wonder since this movie sort of feels like course correction if they'll do the same for Sonic's character too. It still seems like they're going for the same angle as the last one, but with the addition of him being a young superhero in over his head. I just wish Sonic wasn't such a dweeb in these movies, when he does something cool it almost feels out of character.

15. I have a feeling Sonic will have more character development in movies way more than the games.

16. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Drove me up a wall when I worked at a movie theater, I can tell you that. Personally I think the best compromise is what the first Sonic movie did, by putting the Tails scene in the middle of the credits - people still stuck around for the flashy credits made for the stars, directors, producers etc., saw the scene with Tails, and could dip out during the regular "white names on black screen" credits for everyone else. Off the top of my head, Into the Spider-Verse did this as well, as have some of the more recent Marvel MCU movies.

I'd say it also wasn't as uncommon pre-Iron Man as you'd think, it just had a different context since most movies were one-and-done deals and the post-credits scenes weren't as much about hyping up a cinematic universe (a sequel, at most). All the Pirates of the Caribbean movies had stingers like that, and I only just found out that Jingle All the Way (yes, the terrible Arnold Schwarzenegger comedy, it's a Christmas classic in my household) has a full scene after its credits when watching it on Disney+ and leaving it on long enough for the credits to play out.

And of course, there's the famous example:

17. Flare

Flare

I think movie theatres now keep the lights down until the 'actual?' credits roll.

I knew Tails was coming so I sat hoping that others didn't move haha. But some parents were basically dragging kids out before haha.

But was very sweet to hear 'Oh its Tails'. Melted my cold old fan heart haha.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. I wonder if the name Miles Prower will be spoken in the film. In the trailer, it seems like Tails already has his nickname and it's not something Sonic gives him. That could just be for the trailer though.

Do you think Tails will be referred to as Miles at any point in the movie? Or maybe it will just be an "easter egg" in the credits, listing Colleen as Miles "Tails" Prower.

19. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I’m perfectly fine with the second movie representing the best of S2+3K as 3K appeared to be a redo of the story outside of the Death Egg saga anyway. Yes, the game “Sonic 2” was great, but it was also a slapped together mess that had just enough superior upgrades to Sonic 1 so the mess mostly went unnoticed.

As it was mentioned earlier, the movies and the games don’t have to mirror one another. In fact, we can take the “adventure” part completely out of the equation because we had humans from the onset.

20. Nope

Nope

The film incorporating Sonic 3 elements and GUN so soon, as well as the plot of the first film hinging on a trip to San Francisco and involving Echidnas has me convinced this whole operation is a Sonic Adventure takeover.