don't click here

Sonic Fan Remix

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by pelikan13, Mar 13, 2010.

1. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    QUOTED. FOR. FUCKING. EMPHASIS. He should have been a member since day 1.

That's a side effect of him being a Pending Approval :(

2. pelikan13

pelikan13

it only had to do with reaching the 20 post trial member limit, seems I'm a full member now so thanks for that!!

3. EDOOM

EDOOM

Wow!!! Judging by the preview pics you have posted in the OP, I highly doubt this game could look any beter!! This isn't Sonic as I imagined it, it's far, far better than that!!

Pelikan13, I'd like you to answer a couple of questions. They may have been answered already but, if so, I can't find them:

- Each of the 3 acts on the demo look superb but, will the third one feature any kind of boss?

- Do you have any plans of porting the finished game to other platforms (PS3, X360...) or will Sonic FanGame remain exclusively as a PC product?

Well, that's all. And thanks in advance for bringing us such a wonderful game!!!

4. pelikan13

pelikan13

no there will be no boss for this first demo, as for other platforms I'll do a mac version and that's it, Unity 3 supports all consoles and iphone but I don't want to be sued just yet...

5. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Do you have the full version of Unity 3?

6. Vangar

Vangar

The detail and effort into this project is amazing. Good work.

7. Mahdi

Mahdi

Yeah, I was testing this great game all morning. Runs perfect on my system at maximum 'fantastic' setting (gtx 260 & core2duo). So far there is very little that needs ironing out, and I am really looking forward to future level design styles.

Pelikan, please check your PM, thanks

8. Strong Bad

Strong Bad

Lee's Summit, MO
    http://www.soniccagedome.com/home/
    It would seem that you're done adding playtesters, but I'd like to just ask out of formality. You see, I'm a 2-D Sonic competitor. Time Attacks, Score Attacks, Ring Attacks, you name it. Here are some of my videos. Due to this, I am extremely familiar with the physics and game mechanics of the classic Sonic games. I'd love to be able to help this project be as good as it can be.

Note: I also already hold a few Playstation Network leaderboard records on Sonic 4. :P

9. DiscoMouse

DiscoMouse

Oldbie
    Linked here from Something Awful, I don't have much to say except that I hope you'll accept some kind of payment or donation for this when you release, as you really deserve it. Great job.

10. Mahdi

Mahdi

Here's a screen shot of the beautiful looking night time act 3. Max quality setting, and should look even better with more AA. This is the beta, but Pelikan13 has a new one with fixes and additions I haven't checked out just yet.

[​IMG]

edit: didn't see the OP updated haha. The animals coming out of the defeated badniks look cool

11. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    Holy cow, that first post. Jesus Christ - it's like somebody extracted the essence of pure joy, put it in a syringe, and injected it right into my eyeballs. Each of those shots are going right into my wallpaper folder.

I've gotta get that thing running on my brother's gaming rig. It looks too good not to play.

12. browny

browny

25 beta testers and no gameplay video's :(

13. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    But that's kind of the point though, to have people test the game behing-the-scenes before it's fully shown/released to the public. Besides, there was already a relatively recent gameplay vid anyway.

14. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

This looks amazing! I saw the game-play video and was very impressed, if I could I would love to help you beta test this, even if I can't, I would love to see this finished and not left in a endless "I will finish it eventually." so keep up the good work!

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    That's the point. Beta testers aren't supposed to spoil stuff with screenshots and videos. They're supposed to test the game and provide reports only to Pelikan himself.

I can post dozens of videos and screenshots of stuff you didn't see yet if I want, but if I do so I wouldn't be a trustworthy beta tester. What is the point behind spoiling stuff anyway? "Hey guys look at me I am so cool I can play this game and you can't"? I hope not.

16. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    In all fairness, we have got to respect the wishes of the game developers if they wish to keep it behind closed doors.

17. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    To my desktop wallpaper we go!!

That looks fantastic, I still love that Sonic model and the atmosphere is pure golden, the right colours and everything!

18. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Oh my fucking god... time for a wallpaper change I suppose. That looks just awesome.

EDIT: Fuck it, Markey beat me to it...

19. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    PRETTY! :D That looks so good.

20. Elratauru

Elratauru

Little Shiny Emurralds Member
    If you ever need a tester with a "Medium-low gamer rig" to test, I have a Dual Core E2140 with a HD4670 with 512mb, along with 2GB Ram. It would be nice to test the thing on the most different rigs you can get :3

Still, Im really looking forward to see more of this thing, its looking totally awesome already. I cant believe how many progress you have already. Engine, Level, Model, Physics, we all know that most of these things still need some fixes and shit, but still, from what I saw on videos and images, this looks really solid already.

Keep the nice work, I'll keep an eye on this thing :3! ^^