don't click here

Sonic Adventure getting another remake?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by OSM, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    http://kotaku.com/5348949/sonic-adventure-...-another-remake

Honestly? I'd get it on XBLA or something, Sonic Adventure is fun. I'm hoping it's a completely new remake though, DX was buggier than the original.

Discuss if this is worthy of discussion.

2. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Haaahaahaahahahahahahaha. Awesome though, seriously. I'd pay for it, as long as they made the design a little more like the original DC version.

3. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    ...Right.

Anyways, could this be part of Sonic's Ultra 128-Bits Collection: Part 1 or something, featuring SADX, SA2B, SH and ShTH? Unlikely, I'd say, but you never know when SEGA may decide to grab random games they already have finished and resell them for more money. Again. It's probably for XBox Live and PSN.

4. PicklePower

PicklePower

Wiki Sysop
    My opinion is that Sonic Adventure was one of the last good Sonic games. The game still hasn't been seen by a really large audience...only those that have owned a GameCube, Dreamcast, or bought the PC version of it. There's plenty more people who have yet to play the game. If they added new content to the remake—more levels, unlockables, missions, and online play—and released it on something like the Xbox, I could see it getting really good reviews all over again. If they just did a flat-out port of the GameCube version then everyone will just be shouting, "we've seen this before."

5. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    xbox 360 + sonic adventure = hacking bliss.

Huge levels, big textures, etc.

6. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    I've honestly never played it before, and having the ability to play it on a system we actually own would be awesome.

Also, ITS REALLY HARD TO TYPE WITH A CAT ON YOUR ARM

7. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing a remake with significantly improved features (HD visuals, better voice overs, fixed cutscene problems, less glitches, less broken side characters etc), but if it's a standard port to Wii or XBLA I'll probably pass. I might cave in and buy it for achievements and perhaps online Chao features, but otherwise no.

8. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    We need to fix that.

I'd buy it, but I doubt there's going to be anything radically different. I do wish they fix the framerate and lip-syncing issues, personally. However I doubt that will happen. Probably just slightly higher-res textures and achievements.

9. Guys..you realize what this means?

Its a REMAKE of a REMAKE.

SEGA is willing to have another SONIC game, but not just ANY Sonic game, a REMAKE of a previous Sonic game, remade!

To me, this is just low.

HOWEVER, if it brings something new to the table, possibly betters the graphics, and maybe allows Chao data to be done ONLINE, then I will care.

But please think about it.

10. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    I'd like it to hit PSN. I'd also prefer the Dreamcast version.

11. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    If it's just another port with next to no new features, that's pretty low. If it's a ground up remake of one of the best 3D Sonic games made in the vein of Conker Live & Reloaded, I'm all for it.

12. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    DX was an enhanced port, not a remake.

13. Vendettagainst

Vendettagainst

Apparently shooting kills things Member
    I'd buy it just for the Chao Garden. :colbert:

14. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Honestly, the PC version is enough for me.

15. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    Imagine Sonic Adventure using the Hedgehog Engine for visuals.

It probably won't happen, but it would look damn pretty.

16. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Just because of all the hacking you've done on it? ;P

17. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Interesting. I can't possibly think of anything else new that could be added to the game as a result of a new port outside of enhanced visuals, so I'll be watching news on this closely. I hope they can find something fresh to add to the game, though—I was playing through it the other day and the cutscenes and other graphical elements have definitely not aged very well. The levels and such are fun as always, though.

A remake with the Hedgehog Engine would be brilliant, though! Knock on Unleashed's gameplay all you want, but those visuals were nothing short of incredibly stunning.

18. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Since I've never owned a console for which Sonic Adventure was released, I'm all for this.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    If they fixed some shit up I'd gladly buy it. Widescreen support, redo in game models, and remade cutscenes would be all I need for insta buy (I'm sick of seeing mouths moving too long and walking in place).

20. It'll probably just be a port of the PC version, given the architecture similarity. If they add extra content, it'll probably be limited to achievements and such.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.