don't click here

Sonic 3 And Amy Rose

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by E-122-Psi, May 12, 2012.

1. Tiddles

Tiddles

Diamond Dust Tech Member
    Leicester, England
    Get in an accident and wake up in 1973
    If you're looking for what I think you're looking for, these should be the files:

General\Ending\KosinskiM Art\Sonic 3 Pose Banner.bin
    ("Sonic the Hedgehog 3", small horizontal version)

General\Title\Nemesis Art\S3 Ending Graphics.bin
    ("Sonic the Hedgehog 3", large vertical version (plus miscellaneous other bits from the S3 and S3K endings))
    (I originally specified this as being in General\Ending which is not correct for SVN - apparently I moved it in my copy at some point. It's in General\Title as pointed out.)

General\Title\Kosinski Art\SK ANDKnuckles Subtitle.bin
    ("& Knuckles", both small and large versions - N.B. the Kosinski version here is the ending version, while a similar file in "Nemesis Art" is the title screen one.)

2. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Well that probably explains why I couldn't find them (looking at the Title folder the S3 Ending Graphics is in there as well for some reason). Thanx yet again Tiddles. :D

As for the water bug, I'm stumped. I thought there was some pattern to how it set off and I had fixed it but it seems not. Does this happen to you all the time or is there a particular manner this started off, eg. length of time in level, manner you progressed)

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

EDIT: Okay, try this one. From what I've tried the water issue doesn't occur. I've also fixed the ending sprites too.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/iunwl1

4. Could you remap the buttons, so that it is either:

A: Hammer,
    B: Jump,
    C: Hammer,

or

A: Jump,
    B: Hammer,
    C: Jump,

To me it makes a lot more sense this way. Games that have two primary actions should either map them 121 or 212.
    (same goes for Sonic Classic Heroes)

I am happy to report, that while previous versions crashed to the SEGA logo, as soon as an enemy was visible, the new versions runs fine on Genplus GX on Wii (I also updated the emulator as well, so I cam't say if it was the ROM

5. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    Im happy to report that I found ZERO water issues with AIZ1. Though I did notice that while the hack says Rev 1.3, the save file output reads Rev 1. I don't know if this is a fault of my emulator, or a fault of my own.... or if its a fault of the rom, as normally it would save the file under the name of the hack. Regardless that's there... not a big problem of any kind.

I'll let you know if I notice anything else

6. Beltway

Beltway

The most grateful Sonic fan of all time this week Member
    Sega of Darkest Peru
    Artwork and classes
    I also forgot to mention that when you get the best ending, when the S3&K logo appears with the main three characters, a pink Sonic appears in Amy's place. :v:

7. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

The most recent revision now has Amy and the correct title during the ending.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Bah, looks like there's another glitch remaining:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Rh-Vjt0T18

9. BleuStar

BleuStar

New Castle, Delaware
    Sonic The Hedgehog (RevBS) [!]
    Now I am waiting to see a game with all four characters playable. That would be awesome!

10. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    I love your character hacks, especially your Amy Rose hacks. :)

I did run into a problem with this one. It won't save. I'm running it in Kega Fusion since I've run into problems with gens in the past. It comes up with a bad cheksum or something like that while Sonic 3C, which does save, does not, so I guess that's what the problem is...

11. upg

upg

Great!

I loved 1 & 2 and now, after watching The Dark Knight Rises, I can complete yet another awesome trilogy this year

12. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    At the beginning of Hydrocity Act 1 I hit both the Super Ring and Invincibility monitors at the same time with the hammer and the invincibility theme didn't play. This can also happen anywhere else where those two types of monitors are right next to each other like in LBZ2 and SSZ.

EDIT: And you also need to fix cutscenes that make Amy automatically run to the right like the ones at the end of MHZ2 and FBZ2 because the AI is programmed to press A if an object such as the capsule is in the way, and since A is mapped to Amy's hammer she can't jump over the object and that stops the game from progressing, forcing a reset.

13. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

New bug fixed revision uploaded:

[​IMG]

* Added remaining few missing sprites, plus a Bonus Stage slot picture and title screen animation.
    * Fixed clunky break mechanism for Ice Cap walls.
    * Tails now appears when entering Ice Cap via normal route (he's still absent via Knuckles' entrance however).
    * Tails now runs at the same pace as Amy, meaning no annoying skidding every time the COM overtakes her.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_3_and_Amy_Rose

14. Sonic Boom

Sonic Boom

Hey, nice to see you finally got that title screen art in there, congratulations! I'll be sure to play more of it after work.

15. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    [​IMG]

Awesome, but before we see Amy's face, it's still Sonic who's barreling toward the screen before he lands in his standing position. :v:

16. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

I know. But the damn title animation is huge, about 13 giant sized sprites. Maybe next time, but getting this one done alone was tedious enough.

17. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    I flashed the game onto my Everdrive MD, and the game keeps resetting itself whenever water scrolls onto the screen, and in other random places such as after the Knuckles cutscene had finished in MHZ1.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

You got that far? I tested an emulation on a console and it froze when so much as a badnik was detected onscreen.

But yeah, there's a lot of tweaks involved in making Amy work, a lot of which I didn't really know what I was doing or remember where it went, so refining it to work on console would likely be quite a task.

19. MotorRoach

MotorRoach

To be honest, it somewhat makes sense the way it is now. It's like "Oh, hey, Sonic is on the screen-NOPE, JUST KIDDING, IT WAS AMY ALL ALONG".

20. BSonirachi

BSonirachi

Wiki Sysop
    Truth be told, I created save data via an emulator, then put it into the Everdrive MD's SRAM directory on the SD card so that it would load it into the flash memory. That's how I got to play MHZ on the console.