don't click here

PACK YOUR BOXES BECAUSE WE'RE MOVING

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scarred Sun, Jun 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miles3298

Miles3298

True; but only within this announcement. I actually had this slightly older post on the matter in mind. Supposedly the new software is (or was) set up so you can change it yourself every 90 days. Going by the rest of that topic, this is something apparently a fair few of us will probably be plenty happy to have, even if we only use it once ever.

2. plushifoxed

plushifoxed

that power is yet unknown Oldbie
    jazzy nyc
    puella magi chroma magica
    Excited to finally be able to shake off this username, hopefully. Also hoping the purple theme will carry over to the new forum software but I can live without it.

3. Truly we have reached the Classic/Modern divide for Retro. :v

4. Yuzu

Yuzu

I'd only want a "neo oldbie" tag if it cut off at the SWS2B/Retro merge solely to make me feel special :v:

5. Toasty

Toasty

BulbaSAUR! Member
    Will this improve the mobile experience?

Also, Rusted Copper is the best skin ever and I could never live with a different one.

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    My theory is that after a while, a terrible username becomes cool and ironic and you get more respect for keeping it.

It's been 17 years - I must be close... right?

7. SuperSnoopy

SuperSnoopy

I like Sonic Advance Member
    Lyon, France
    Slice of life visual novel, coming soon...?
    Was your username non-ironic at one point?

8. MissingNoGuy

MissingNoGuy

Sounds totally automated. Member
    Oh boy, about time. Gonna miss IPB, but this was long overdue anyway. Gonna take a while to get used to a new layout after seeing the same one since 2007 :v:

9. Billy

Billy

RIP Oderus Urungus Member
    Colorado, USA
    Indie games
    On the flip side, I honestly wish I had come up with actual username and not just... my name.

10. stormislandgal

stormislandgal

It's not a phase! Tech Member
    Married life <3
    Same. If we do get the ability to change our names, even if it's just once, you bet your ass I'm doing it. I've already got another handle that I'm using semi-professionally in other communities, the ability to unify these things would be nice.

11. Flygon

Flygon

I'm honestly surprised my username didn't get me banned right out the bat.

Then again, I wound up in prolonged periods of Pending Approval twice, so I must be doing something wrong.

When are we getting another "Pending Approval Second Chance" deal, anyway? :v:

12. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I've been using another username for everything for ages. Sure as hell haven't been using the name "Dark Sonic" anywhere else :v:

But I feel like Dark Sonic and that avatar of mine have just become my identity here so I think I'm going to keep it

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I'm pretty much Ravenfreak everywhere. I'm not changing my username anytime soon. :P I also go by "TheRavenfreak" because other people have used this username. (And it's a Tome character too, which ironically enough he's a hacker. I know it's a long stretch, but I sometimes wonder if I was the inspiration for the character I doubt it though. :v: )

14. Harmony Friends

Harmony Friends

it's the whole gang Oldbie
    let's GOOOOOOOO

I'm super excited.

15. Papa Rafi

Papa Rafi

One on one, I wanna play that game toniiight ♪ Oldbie
    Detroit, Michigan, USA
    Fatherhood, husband...hood and a few mobile apps.
    I recently realized that this old account of mine was still active (as is the e-mail address it's been connected to all these years), and while that's great, I hate this name now sooo...definitely would love the ability to change it after the switch. But if not, I'll live. I don't do much but read these days anyway. =P

16. NoNameAtAll

NoNameAtAll

MY HAT'S ON FIRE. HALP! Moderator
    So it's finally time, eh?

Glad I got to at least get a post in on the old forum before the change! :v:

17. Raivop

Raivop

Ze Lurker Member
    I'm certainly going to miss this old forum; all these 12 years of lurking around, reading stuff nearly daily basis. Those were good times. Still, I'm excited for the new forum! Just gotta make sure I'm still using the right email instead my old-ass one, haha.

18. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I'm highly tempted to change my username thanks to the Archie Comic series turning my silly fan-character into an actual canon character. :v: Though I've gone by this name in the Sonic fandom for so long I don't know what else I would use...

19. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I'm quite amazed at the number of people who hate their usernames! I suppose when you have a username from almost 20 years ago, a change would be nice.

Having said that, the issue I have with the ability to change usernames is the confusion when people are posting or contacting me, it happens all the time on other XenForo forums and especially on Discord. When someone contacts me on Discord after changing their name and avatar, and often in such a casual way, I have to ask who the hell the person is, and then they respond as if I'm the crazy one...

20. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    Perhaps some kind of restriction makes sense to implement (like having to wait 90 days to 6 months or so before changing names again).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.