don't click here

It's coming...

Discussion in 'Prototype Discussion' started by drx, Feb 17, 2008.

1. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    Wait, was it? I swear I read it was a program...

Now I feel stupid. Is anyone willing to look up the interview where they talked about the demo?

2. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    Are you talking about that?
    [​IMG]

3. Mr. Ksoft

Mr. Ksoft

Heck, I'm not even sure I'm right-- I have a feeling I might be thinking of the old Xtreme demo animations that were made.

4. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    <!--quoteo(post=179317:date=Feb 21 2008, 09:35 PM:name=Phoebius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Phoebius @ Feb 21 2008, 09:35 PM) [​IMG][/quote]
    Yes, that's the one.

5. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Isn't that one of the very early concepts for Sonic Xtreme? Seriously, the only two SatAM-based games I can think of are Sonic Spinball (SatAM characters appear in the first and third Special Stages) and Sonic Xtreme (this one should be obvious, specially as Sally is one of the characters you have to save, right before Tiara).

6. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
  7. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Not the most Sonicy, but by far better than Sonic 3D :P I guess I would have liked to play it (unless it turned out the game was so difficult to become frustating :/).

8. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Looks a *tiny* bit like Segasonic.

9. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

France
    Twitch channel
    Well... it certainly looks weird, anyways.

10. WiteoutKing

WiteoutKing

The artist formerly known as WiteoutKing Member
    Worcester, MA
    Two-Bit Pictures and The D-Pad
    I'm coming back in June (5 years since I jumped in the scene) and hunting for one of them cool blue labels ;P

11. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Did you ever play SegaSonic? It isn't even near to that. SegaSonic is a lot better. First of all, it's more isometric (think Sonic 3D), not like that. Second, yes, you have to keep running, but while you do that you must also try to get all the rings and avoid all the obstacles, and you don't have too much time (specially in the sand level), and it isn't easy at all. Its only drawback was the balltrack, but now you can just grab an emulator and use a nicer input method ;)

EDIT: 27 pages in just 6 days... Scary X_X

12. Gunner112k

Gunner112k

Catch Thirty-Three Oldbie
    From the "The Making of Sonic 3 & Knuckles" topic:

make up your own conclusions ;)

13. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Sally wasn't in Sonic Xtreme

14. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Did you ever read the script for the original Sonic MARS? You have to save one character per stage (there are five to save in total), and Sally was the fourth to be saved. Exactly, you save these characters, in this order:
    1. Tails
    2. Knuckles
    3. Bunnie
    4. Sally
    5. Tiara
    I don't remember if there was a sixth final stage as a final fight.

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    wtf you are italian? I thought I was the only italian here...

I still hope that Simon Wai decides to pop in at some time.

16. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    I don't consider Sonic Mars and Sonic Xtreme to be the same. Yeah I knew Sonic Mars was a full blown SatAM game, but when he said Xtreme all I thought about was Tiara.

17. Sik

Sik

being an asshole =P
    Anyways I do consider them the same. Most of the basic gameplay (you know, everything is 3D in both cases, based on 3D-ish tiles) remains the same, and Tiara is in both games. I don't say the same team because it kept changing constantly.

18. [​IMG]

Update to this plz ;)

19. Yuzu

Yuzu

It should also say the time zone, or you'll make me more annoyed that it basically comes out on the 24th over here.

20. Travelsonic

Travelsonic

I go away for a while (college interferes, for real), and I miss out on all the fun? Holy crap is all I can say, this is absolutely amazing. I am really looking foward to the Sonic 2 and 3 betas, but am also really curious about the 3D Blast one(s?) too.

Being in college, and having to sneak-play on the library computers until my laptop is fixed again, I hope the roms, or at least the Sonic ones, are mirrored on another side, as the connectivity/ability to use torrents will be almost nonexistant for me. :blushing: