Agree 522 234
Informative 114 25
Useful 14 7
Product Manager

BlueSkiesAM2

Member, Male, from Denmark

1. Sanqui
      Sanqui
      Hi! You mentioned you have interviewed Kalinske for your theses, what are they about and are they available anywhere?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. BlueSkiesAM2
        BlueSkiesAM2
        My masters thesis is on marketing in the gaming industry, and mostly is me trying to identify methods smaller publishers like Marvelous, Idea Factory, and Limited Run use to generate demand for less mainstream software. Since it’s marketing-focused, I spoke with Kalinske, Al Nilsen, Diane Fornasier, and a few others not Sega related.
        Dec 18, 2021
      3. BlueSkiesAM2
        BlueSkiesAM2
        The primary motivation is to find a marketing strategy that makes the localization of what would be Japan-only titles more viable in Western markets. It will be finished by Jan 17th, so I can send it then.
        Dec 18, 2021
      4. Sanqui
        Sanqui
        Those are very interesting topics and although I am familiar with the story of Sega of America in the 90s, I could always use a refresher and a new perspective, and I'm sure that the internet—and my personal library—would be richer if you shared :)
        Dec 21, 2021
    2. almeda
      almeda
      yo i fucking love outrun 2. i played outrun 2006 religiously as a kid
      1. BlueSkiesAM2
        BlueSkiesAM2
        Haha, not sure what to say. “Yes, it is me, OutRun 2. Thanks for enjoying me.”

Lol. Yeah, great game. I always want to shed light on the lesser-known side of Sega among today’s fanbase (and Sonic-exclusive fans) and I think OutRun 2 is so perfect a game, anyone would love it.
        Nov 5, 2021
  • About

Product Manager

Signature

Let's get sweaty.