don't click here

Weird door in Sonic 2

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Dark Sonic, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I was playing Sonic 2 today and I noticed something kind of weird. They're infact 2 different doors that are in the level, but only 1 is used.

[​IMG]

door on the right was planted using debug, door on the left is default. The one on the left is also used multiple times in Death Egg Zone, but this other door doesn't seem to appear in the game, although they function exactly the same as shown in this next picture

[​IMG]

Pointless, probably but it seems to be something none the less. I don't know, I just thought it was kind of weird.

2. Robjoe

Robjoe

I've seen that for ages, I guess they decided they liked the other one better. I personally prefer the lost one.

In fact, come to think of it, the lost one looks like a remapping of the regular one, the right column is mirrored.

3. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    The other door is just the ARZ door using the CPZ art, I think. It just looks like a mappings issue to me.

4. Puto

Puto

Shin'ichi Kudō, detective. Tech Member
    Portugal, Oeiras
    Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
    I had no idea that ARZ even had a door.

5. .hack//zero

.hack//zero

Working on a vulkan game engine for fun. Learning Ray-Tracing.
    That's probably because it was never used in ARZ.

6. Check ARZ's debug again. It has an unused stone-coloured door. Perhaps they realized "How the hell are ancient ruins going to have automatic opening doors?"

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    but then they relize "there's a blue fucking hedgehog with a two tailed fox running around smashing robots in it...so why the fuck not? Wait no its a bad idea nevermind"

8. Vangar

Vangar

QFT.

As I see it, they wanted ARZ to be a more openly spaced area and doors would make you feel closed in, so they took em away.

9. Lol, excellent point.

10. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    And then there was Shadow the Hedgehog.

(If you're slow or just don't know what I'm talking about, Glyphic Canyon and Sky Troops).

11. Super

Super

The ever vigilant GSWAS. Member
    Michigan
    Youtube
    Wait a minute. Are you saying a race of aliens that have mastered space travel and floating fortresses made of pretty much solid stone wieghing thousands of tons, can't make a funtioning automatic door?

On topic: I never check much stuff, so I never saw this before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.