don't click here

"Streets of rage" and "Altered Beast" on television

Discussion in 'General Sega Discussion' started by Adamis, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Source.

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  3. SiddtheKidd

SiddtheKidd

Streets of Fucking Rage! Member
    Sin City
    Project Neo - Deadly Metropolis
    Saw streets of rage, immediately clicked.. I am disappoint, don't do it SEGA! :argh:

4. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    They started the whole Sonic Boom franchise with games and TV series at the same time.

If they intend to do the same with SOR, let's hope they won't rush the games like they did with Sonic Boom.

5. minichapman

minichapman

I'd like to think I'll be imparting words of wisdo Member
    United Kingdom
    Staying sane.
    Hmm. I wonder if there'll be tie-in games released. Altered beast can't be worse than the GBA and PS2 games, right? RIGHT?!

6. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    The only live action movies I've seen that have been decent adaptations of games is Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill and even those are divisive with people, all the others I've seen off the top of my head have been disasters. No doubt SOR and AB will fit the latter.

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Hey now, a SOR TV series could work. It'd be like that alternate-history martial arts show that did quite well. It'd probably work better as an action movie though.

8. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

I swear we keep hearing this same news every couple of years for the last decade. I presume the ideas keep getting shopped around but rejected?

9. Mecha Sally

Mecha Sally

Oldbie
    I could see Altered Beast working as a horror-type series. Or maybe something like the old Incredible Hulk TV show where the characters travel the country with fake ID's doing odd jobs and then transform into their beast forms when they need to fight. Not sure about Streets of Rage.

GagaMan has a point though; it feels like they've been reporting on this sort of thing for a while now. I remember seeing a similar article a year ago or more.

10. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Mirai Ninja rules and is leagues better than the actual game.

11. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    I'll have to check that out.

12. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Altered Beast was set on a movie set set in Ancient Greece. So really, just do a series about a guy or two cursed by Zeus to become a beast when evil rears its head, and they travel to avoid persecution from the true Humans. Basically your idea in Ancient Greece.

Same vein as the Daredevil Netflix series, I would think.

13. Sapphire

Sapphire

It's like boo! Member
    I'd absolutely watch a SOR movie/TV show. As long as many of the ridiculous, recolored, bad-translation-named goons were included as well lol.

Also I would be more than OK with a tie-in game/HD remake if this were to actually flesh out.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.