don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    When the expansion comes out, you will simply drop the expansion file into the folder with the Sclassic.exe file and it will lock on.

....first lock on fan-game ever?

2. Imadjinn

Imadjinn

Hi, I'm Imadjinn and I can't post an image on a forum.

Okay, seriously, I jump up into this room with Invincibility in Aqua Arena Act 1 and there's no apparent way out. Is this on purpose, like a cruel trap, or am I blind?

Other than this and the music acting up on rare occasions, this is good times.

3. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    Another bug report, with Tails:

- when going on full speed, his tails sprites can be misplaced while going in air
    - wrong sprite used when on the jumping spring in the special stages
    - same for the rocket in the first special stage
    - when touching a big ring and disappearing by either collecting the emerald or running out of time, his tails sprites are still appearing (as well as his shield, which can happen with the other characters I believe)
    - in the special stage 3, when going in the pipe, there's a wrong use of the tails sprite

4. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Is it the part where there are spikes next to you so you can choose your fate? Time Out or death? :p

5. Imadjinn

Imadjinn

Naw, I jump up into the inescapable chamber for the delicious Invincibility and I'm stuck there until I drown.

Ah well, I enjoyed what I played of it, so that's all that matters in the end. No sticktoitiveness with me.

6. Skidd

Skidd

well, I have something that may not be a bug... but an error that was made when the sprites were put together... and I have no idea if its been reported or not, considering there are 20+ pages. anyways, on Luster Lake Act 2 boss fight, I've noticed that Eggman doesn't have a windshield.... so unless he can breathe under water.... he'd be dead before the player character could blast his machine to bits.

so, its not a game-breaker, but I thought it should be pointed out, so you can fix it if ya want.

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    to be honest, I've been so caught up with work and looking for Sonic Generations info I've only fixed about half of the things that need it :\

8. Icewarrior

Icewarrior

I'm a member of S.T.A.R.S !!11!!!1!! Member
    It's not like you owe us something man. Take your time :)

9. Xilla

Xilla

I fail to understand....I begin to see! Member
    On the roulette bonus stage, there appears to be the sound of an IM program at the beginning of the tune (Sonic 3D Prototype Special Stage is it not?).

....Ummm, is that meant to be there?

10. sonicyoda

sonicyoda

Dude, you've got a message.

11. BadCopNoDonut

BadCopNoDonut

O RLY? Oldbie
    Sonic D T
    I've been having the same issue with Hazel Hills Act 1. I've beaten the destroy all badniks challenge twice now, but it has never given me credit for it.
    *Edit* It also isn't saving my progress. I turned it off and fired it back up later. I got to the aqua whatever zone, then turned the game off and went to eat dinner. Came back, opened the game back up, and my save file was back at hazel hills zone.

12. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

First complete fan game ever!

Anyway, really anticipating the next rev. I enjoyed this game, and though I found it sometimes extremely puzzle-like and the first water level was frustrating as hell, I thought it was a really good game!

13. Skaarg

Skaarg

I only tried it out a little bit because all I have on me is my netbook. It runs a little slow and those title cards really slow it down. Was quite fun for what I did play though. It seems weird how sonic tends to really float above or sink into moving platforms, but for a fan game I'm not going to nitpick too much. It may have just been my slow computer, but that bonus stage where it randomly chooses an icon seemed to just go on forever.

14. Felik

Felik

What fan game are you talking about?
    Cuz this fan game is clearly far from being complete.

15. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    This was a definitely a well thought out game as far as fan games go. The zones were neatly done and had a lot of thought put into them as well as their names. Bosses were very original but also pretty tough especially Dusty Dunes' as well as the final boss, which was my favorite. I found that some of the zones however like Crystal Caverns were a bit too tough to get through. I also had some trouble in Aqua Arena to the point where I didn't think I was going to be able to complete the game. The final boss was definitely a well designed look compared to its counterpart but once again was a really tough thing to beat. Going through again and again with these certain levels and bosses, figuring out how to complete them was a difficult task to do.

The soundtrack was another thing that had my attention to this game. Remixed Float Islands track from Kirby's Dreamland was a good one.
    All in all, I would rate this game 8/10 for its originality with zones and bosses as well as music but in my opinion some of it was too darn difficult to get through.

Great game man and thanks for the fun. Hope to see more work from you in the future.

16. infinity

infinity

That happens with every fangame made with MMF it seems, moving platforms never work quite correctly.

17. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm playing it on Windows 7 with my Macbook, it runs smooth as butter.

18. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    isn't that for me to decide?

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Well, yes and no. Yes you decide when the game is complete to your standards, but it could still not be 100% "Done" as there could be bugs or stuff.

Example: Sonic 06. It's done, but not really

20. Flare

Flare

Would that mean nothing is ever complete 100%.